**** BEES

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

williamk12

Reaction score
I've got two different hives under the bench seats of my 16' duranautic. How has everyone got rid of them without getting stung. the little bastards got my daughter.

I can't get the spray underneath the bench seats, if you tilt the can upside down to spray up it doesnt work... the sides of the benches come down to about 8" of the floor. I was thinking of filling the boat with water but i'm not sure the trailer could handle the extra weight

I was going to say the water idea! Worked before just leave the hose and get out of dodge.

If you have a hose that has a high pressure nozzle you could shoot it at them and knock them down then there isn't your worry for the weight of the water on the trailer. Just a thought

I know this sounds weird but on a website that I googled I found that someone used some form of dust from home depot called "Sevin-5 dust" its 6 dollars they said. According to what they wrong they took the dust and threw it on the hive at night(when all the bees are there) and it has killed the hive.

Im not sure really but its worth a shot

Also just found soap and water to work. You could get some dawn soap and spray it in the boat and just fill it up as well. Then let it sit remove the plug and off you go.....

Hope this helps!

Use the water and soap - the less pesticides you coat your boat with the better - imagine your daughter licking her hand after getting some nasty pesticide on it

NO WAY NOT FOR ME

BTW the trailer will be fine so long as it is not moving

Captain Ahab said:
Use the water and soap - the less pesticides you coat your boat with the better - imagine your daughter licking her hand after getting some nasty pesticide on it

NO WAY NOT FOR ME

BTW the trailer will be fine so long as it is not moving

+1...but don't forget to put your plug in.....you don't want your boat to sink. :LOL2:

Personally, I'd question filling the boat with water. It may turn out that a large air bubble remains under that seat, saving the wasps. You have nothing to lose by trying it, but wait until dusk, as most of the wasps will be back in the nest. After you drain the water, approach and manhandle the boat with caution until you can confirm good results.

Roger

Bees are my cryptonite!! I run like a school girl from some bees, especially wasps and yellow jackets and such. I have come to respect the honey bee but I could care less if the others even existed!! Glad I'm not in your shoes because I just wouldnt get around the boat till winter!!

jdbassin2003 said:
You could put the cover on or cover it with a sheet of plastic and toss in a bug bomb?

That's kinda what I did when I had a huge wasp nest up in under my front deck. I ripped open a large plastic garbage bag and taped it all around the opening of the front deck and put two bug foggers in there. Went back a few days later and only had dead wasps in the bottom of the boat. Killed every one of them.

You know, like I've always said, wasps, hornets, and velvet ants are all "of the devil"! :evil: :LOL2: :lol:

Latest posts