Anyone shopping Bass Pro soon?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
I bought this little crankbait at Bass Pro Shops in Illinois this summer. It was back by the crappie lures with the crappie crankbaits. I would LOVE to know who makes it and what it is called.
If anyone is visiting the store, can you take a look near the crappie section and let me know who makes these and what color scheme it is? Maybe even take a picture of the package if you feel industrious? The lure is about 1.5 inches long including the bill, (tiny really) but it really does well when trolled. I looked all over the BPS website and can't seem to find it.

Thanks a million,
Will
2011-07-25crankbait.jpg

That looks like a Bass Pro Shops Tourney Special Micro Light Mini Crank Bait in the Baby Brook Trout pattern.

https://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops%C2%AE-Tourney-Special-Micro-Light-Mini-Crank-Baits/product/98266/37597

Thanks a million! I looked for hours on their site. Now to order some other colors too.

BTW, in clear water, these are killer on crappie and gills.

I ordered 7 of them. 3 of the style pictured, 2 black and crome, and 2 gold. Just covering my bases.

Thanks again Jim!

How are you running this trolling? When I trolling for crappie we usually use 3 road runners but ive never seen anyone run a crank on there lines. Wouldn't mind trying it though

Looks like ill be making a trip to bass pro shops now

I just toss these out behind the boat (20-25 yards?) and put the trolling motor on 4 (they vibrate like crazy) and pull it alongside deeper structure (breaks, docks etc) in the summer. In WI, we can only use 2 rods, so I put a rod on each side of the boat. When you pass over fish on the finder, usually you will pick one up. These baits are small enough, even if they are gills, you will catch them. It has worked every day but yesterday. :roll: But 2 of us were even using live bait and caught only one perch and one crappie yesterday.

They seem to get deep enough to catch fish most times... I've never used a weight with them. I tried 'pushing' them once, but didn't have much luck with it after 15 minutes.

Please read all this with this caveat-I just started fishing for crappie this year - been a bass fisherman my whole life prior. Basically I go for crappie where I'd fish for bass.

We got a brand new Bass Pro shop. In fact the grand opening is Wednesday Sept 21st at 6pm. Guess who will be there? :mrgreen:

Although, I have been there twice already. First time we saw cars in the lot, and stopped in, they didnt stop us so we wondered about.
Then I went there yesterday for Friends and FAmily night, nephew works there. I got a 15% discount, he gets 25% on non-BassPro gear, and 40% on Bass Pro gear.

I ended up spending about $180 for a rod and real, with the discount. :mrgreen:
It was my birthday what can I say. Daddy waited a long time for the kids to move out, and out htey are. Time for daddy to get some toys again.
My beautiful wife bought me a St.Croix Premier Spinning Rod 7' long, 1 piece, Medium Power, Fast Action and Shimano Sahara 3000FD reel for walleye. I spooled it up tonight and cant wait for October 7-9 camping/fishing trip. Im gonna get me some Walleye. :mrgreen:

Can you guess who wants a kindle (sp) for her birthday?

fish2keel said:
How are you running this trolling? When I trolling for crappie we usually use 3 road runners but ive never seen anyone run a crank on there lines. Wouldn't mind trying it though

Looks like ill be making a trip to bass pro shops now

might want to check out crappiedotcom, and search for a thread in the MS forum "pulling cranks 101", lots of info on pulling cranks in this thread, and you'll find 'bout as much info pushing cranks as well scattered about in the MS forum as well. What you call "trolling" with 3 RR's is commonly called longlining at crappiedotcom.

Jim said:
That looks like a Bass Pro Shops Tourney Special Micro Light Mini Crank Bait in the Baby Brook Trout pattern.

https://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops%C2%AE-Tourney-Special-Micro-Light-Mini-Crank-Baits/product/98266/37597

+1. Have to have a light set up to throw them. I have several, but don't use them much. Maybe I should???

Read quite a few reviews saying the hooks get tangled a lot. Prolly not as much of an issue when trolling but if casting it could be a problem. I saw a couple that might get a Walleye's attention too.

Latest posts