What would you change?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fish2keel

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I thought I would start a thread and see what you guys if you can have the means and ways would change about your boats or accessories in the boat.

For instance I always wanted to make something so my trolling motor wouldn't hit a stamp and get messed up. That was until I saw someone already made it on this site.

So is there items or things besides the hull design of your boat that you would want to change or be made to make your boating/fishing easier?

Thanks guys!

F2k

Always want bigger every boaters problem!

I wish someone would make a light weight, easy to remove(maybe not portable but just take in and out of the boat) live wells. I know a cooler works but I have never been a fan of a cooler for my fish keeping

Need the $$$$$ for a I-Pilot Terrova trolling motor, a Talon, or Power Pole, and two Hummingbird 898c si's :lol:

I mean geez, that's only like close to 6,000 bucks. :roll:

Just put a new I-Pilot Powerdrive,and a new Yamaha 20hp Fourstroke onmy Tin,now I need to get off my butt and re-carpet it,and figure out some way to get some rod racks on it.
DanD

Rod locker and bigger gas tank for sure.

Optional items that are "over the top"
Fridge
Heater for cold days
A/C for hot days (but that wouldn't get used too often)
Bathroom for when peeing just isn't enough
Microwave
Radio (for ballgame/weather reports only)

fender66 said:
Definitely...

I'm about to order my iPilot TM, going to go with the riptide (saltwater). Just cant decide if I wanna go 12V or 24V. How do you guys like yours??

SVOMike86 said:
fender66 said:
Definitely...

I'm about to order my iPilot TM, going to go with the riptide (saltwater). Just cant decide if I wanna go 12V or 24V. How do you guys like yours??

If you can afford 24V....you won't regret it. I promise. Your run time is so much better.

I have the terrova 24v 80lb with ipilot and LOVE it! Only downfall is there is no cord to pull up and run in shallow water. but ive made it so far....

My upgrades would be wider then my 48'' , power pole and a better graph

Jeff

I have a 1440, but would love a 1652. I'll never get rid of this boat, may just get a 2nd or 3rd one down the road. 00 Mod- a month or 2 ago Jim started posting about shallow water anchors. I wanted a power pole really bad as well, but he found some reeeeeeally nice/cheap/simple alternatives. $100-200, and a lot less crap to break, I think I'm sold on one of them...

So now my $1000 TM setup is gonna be $1300. Thanks guys, my wife's gonna love hearing that :roll:

fender66 said:
SVOMike86 said:
fender66 said:
Definitely...

If you can afford 24V....you won't regret it. I promise. Your run time is so much better.
100% AGREE!!! AND ID GO WITH THE TERROVA SO YOU STILL HAVE THE FOOT CONTROL OPTION

lucescoflathead said:
I'd but a boat without a center bench. There would be more room to move around. Other than that, I really like my boat.

REMOVE THE CENTER BENCH, NOT HARD AT ALL JUST MAKE SURE YOU PUT BACK SOME SUPPORT/BRACING IF NEEDED. I DID AND LOVE THE ROOM.

shawnfish said:
100% AGREE!!! AND ID GO WITH THE TERROVA SO YOU STILL HAVE THE FOOT CONTROL OPTION

I like the foot control option, but apparently with iPilot, you lose the option to have it. I need/want iPilot more than a foot control. Kinda sucks now that I think about it.

Latest posts