Worth the aggravation

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basstender10.6

Reaction score
Is it worth it to buy this fix it up and flip it in a few weeks, or is the profit margin not big enough for me to bother? https://newjersey.craigslist.org/boa/2621182386.html

NO! Don't bother fixing it, you'll have more than it's worth in materials. I did a minimal re-fit ( paint, seats, pedestals, new wood) on my boat and it was close to $500.

OR if you're even moderately mechanically inclined, hammer the spot flat, get 2 pieces of 1/8" aluminum to kind of sandwich over the hole with 5200 and rivets, and sell it for $150-200 without doing anything else to it. Probably $15 in materials and an hour or 2 of labor. Looks like a decent boat, but I wouldn't really put any other money into it unless you were keeping it. Hard to sell a re-done boat without a trailer. Weren't you looking for something a little bigger? It might fit on your trailer. It looks like a 12', which is plenty big for 1 guy, but if built efficiently could handle 2 guys with ease. Might be a good stepping stone into something even bigger down the line.

SVOMike86 said:
OR if you're even moderately mechanically inclined, hammer the spot flat, get 2 pieces of 1/8" aluminum to kind of sandwich over the hole with 5200 and rivets, and sell it for $150-200 without doing anything else to it. Probably $15 in materials and an hour or 2 of labor. Looks like a decent boat, but I wouldn't really put any other money into it unless you were keeping it. Hard to sell a re-done boat without a trailer. Weren't you looking for something a little bigger? It might fit on your trailer. It looks like a 12', which is plenty big for 1 guy, but if built efficiently could handle 2 guys with ease. Might be a good stepping stone into something even bigger down the line.
Thanks. Yes, Saturday I am going to look at a Sea nymph fm 146. I was just planning to put this on my trailer, take it home, fix it up and flip it on craigslist

Latest posts