looking at a new tin, with no title ????

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V8_TITAN said:
well I found another good one, a 16 foot with title, and 30 horse mariner and trailer for 200, the lady told me the trailer needs some work as its been sitting in the yard for years. Someone came by to buy it but he could not fit it in the truck and didnt have a way to get it home, so he just took the motor for 50 bucks, so Im going to go buy it tomorrow night after I get my truck out of service at nissan. She told me she would take 150, but im going to try and grab it for 100.. either way its going to be mine. Ill post some pics when I get it.

Great! There's always another good deal around the corner. The problem with me is I ran out of space! :LOL2:

oh I know how you feel, if im not out of space im out of money, and if im out of money I have space !

Alright well I sold my 12 foot, for 160 bucks, and went straight out and bought another one. Got a 1648, in pretty nice shape, with a nice dual torsion axle trailer, and a nice jetski sized trailer for 200 bucks. Im not sure on the make model or year yet, Im meeting the seller tomorrow to get the title, shes in the process of moving out of her ex husbands, and is going to look for it. If she cant find it were going to meet at the dmv and she will just get a duplicate. Any other day of the week I would not buy the story but they were super nice, I know where there new and old house is, and her story added up. Ill post pics tomorrow.

man this sounds too good to be true, and it kinda smells a lil fishy im with jamie on this leave it lay, not woth the amount of b.s that it could bring you

worst case scenario I have more then what i paid for it in scrap metal, and 2 free trailers...I thought it was well worth the risk

heres a few crap pictures of my " investment ". Only thing I dont like about it is there is no bench in the back, only 1 in the front by the deck. So I guess if I take it out I will be using a lawn chair for a captains chair lol.

Attachments

• 20110927184129.jpg
    20110927184129.jpg
    500.8 KB · Views: 228
  • 20110928103813.jpg
    20110928103813.jpg
    567 KB · Views: 228
  • 20110928103824.jpg
    20110928103824.jpg
    541.8 KB · Views: 228
Looks good to me. Of course boat markets vary by region, but up here, I'd sell both trailers, and that would fund an engine, and a trailer for it, with some shopping around.

I have '98 mercury 9.9 that I can throw on it. I used it on my last 16 foot and it pushed it nice. Its only a 10 minute run with the 9.9 to most places I go but I will be upgrading the boat to a 35 - 50 horse with remote steer eventually.

well Im excited to say that I got my clean and clear title this morning, transfered it into my name already for 17 bucks, the lady forgot to charge me the 5 dollar instant title fee. So Im a happy camper... or boater ?? anyways. someone is coming to buy my little trailer that came in the boat for 130 bucks. Im sure I could get more, but the kid needs it and said he would pay me 200 but I told him it needed tires soon, not sure if the lights work, and probably needs bearings soon to, so I just want to help another father/son be able to get to the water. so basically Ive got like 75 bucks into the boat and trailer so far.

also forgot to mention. the title verified it is a 1985 landau and the owner told me it hasnt been put in the water or even moved for 7 years prior to me picking it up.

Latest posts