Question on "Drop in" storage

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DKHunter

Reaction score
I am knee deep in my 1448 mod. This is a Lowe BigJon. Thanks to all who have helped so far.

My next question pertains to adding storage. I want to put a compartment on the middle seat (to the right) of the livewell and on the left side of the rear bench. I can find the lids, but it seems the storage compartments have to go in from the bottom. Since the benches are fixed, I cannot do this since the storage compartment is smaller than the cut-out.

Any recommendations as to drop in compartment and lid? I would like it to be dry storage.

Have you looked at the Tempress hatches and liners? I don't know 100% but the liners have a downward taper which look like they drop in then you install the hatch. Give them a call to check. Here's there website.
https://www.tempress.com/component/option,com_rokecwid/Itemid,217/view,ecwid/#ecwid:category=442191&mode=category&offset=0&sort=normal

Thanks for the info. After talking to them it makes sense and that is what I am looking for. I just made it harder than it was.

DKHunter said:
Thanks for the info. After talking to them it makes sense and that is what I am looking for. I just made it harder than it was.

NP, sounds like me! I put too much thought into stuff sometimes! :lol:

Latest posts