commercial fishing, worth it or no ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Captain Ahab said:
This thread is awesome! Especially the facts that the guy who asked the question has not been back to read any of these answers :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

Maybe he's out fishing??? :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

Actually, he did throw out a comment towards the bottom of page one.

Taking over a business has it's own risks, accouting and legal advice should be sought before commiting. I'd also vounteer a couple weeks to see if you really want to smell like fish all the time and make sure your inner ear is happy too.

Jamie

You'll never know if you like it or not until you go out there with him and give it a shot. It's rare when somebody offers to teach you a trade for free

I love me some smoked mullet

sorry I haven't been on to check, I had all of my wisdom teeth pulled and Ive been pretty medicated.

I do want to say thanks, I think all of you guys are great, I know I will not learn if its for me until I try it. This is something I would love to learn to do but, right now im trying to decide if its something I want to do for a paycheck. I am going to continue to go to school, I take classes a few at a time, because school just isn't for me. If I went full time I would burn myself out and fail. Im not dumb, I just cant handle a whole bunch of classes all at once. And I pay for my classes with cash, the only way you should pay for them.

I really have no intent on joining any forces. I have lots of friends there right now and are happy about it. But its not something I want to do.

On another note, I have been trying very hard to get a job being a 911 operator, I have had orientations and interviews with different agencies in my area, come close to getting it. Each time I go Ive gotten down to the top 5 out of over 100 people that were qualified. Yesterday I got an email for another interview with an agency I already had one with. So November 7th wish me luck ! Becuase this is something I really want to do. its been over a year since I set out to get this job, and hopefully this is it !

Good luck with the job interview. 911 operator... Commercial Fisherman..... yeah, they're pretty similar vocational aspirations. :wink:

Seriously, find something you love to do and go for it. A quote I use often sums up life pretty well.... "I hope I'm not all grown up yet. Because I'm not any of the things I wanted to be when I grew up." :wink:

Latest posts