1978 Fisher Marine-

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funfishing247

Reaction score
Great Site!
Need advice..New to tinboats and mods.
I have a 1978 maybe 1979 Fisher marine boat as pictured 16ft. Will provide more dimensions and data later.(See picture)
I want to fix this up this fall and want to get some ideas.
Does anyone have info a boat like this? Cant find HP rating or any info on boat. Fisher/Tracker doesnt have any data past 2000.(called them)
Goal is to use this summer then fix up this winter.
What is original and what has been added?
What would make a good checklist to fix this boat up?
What should I lookout for? What should I fix first etc...
Ie
transom
hubs
flooring- some appears to be wood would like to replace.

Outboard runs
TM needs new connectors but I had it running.

Attachments

• Fisher-1978.jpg
    Fisher-1978.jpg
    974.6 KB · Views: 2,248
The bottom is 42.75 inches and the beam at back is 62.5inches under rail and 65.5 at rail.
The transom appears to have been wood sandwiched between alum.... it also has alum braces in middle (like a skeeter boat) and at ends inside on the inside.
The wood is rotten how should I replace and strengthen?

Here is a post about my 1981 fisher looks very similar. My capacity plate says rated for 60 horse outboard and 4 people. I will be adding more detailed pics to a build thread to show how it was donewhen I get time.
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=19820

New member and first time on forums. Apologies in advance for my screw ups.
I am now ready to start goin through the boat. The Fisher
Main goal now is to check flooring/decking. and to fix it up overall.
What I need is help with is a checklist for stuff and the order to do it.
My plan is to recarpet and replace any decking that needs it and make area for rods to lay flat from front to back.
I have the carpet and glue...... and fiberglass walls off a box trailer to use for decking.. probably need to seal ends after they are cut to fit.

Where should I start based on past fixer up projects?
I know I should go through hubs and tires too cause if I cant get there I cant fish.

Latest posts