Project "Livin Large" (update July 19 - rocket launchers!)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jasper60103 said:
Yea, that looks like a nice tranquil spot.
I bet you could see the fish bite your hook in that water. =D>

Yes, it was very cool. You would either see your lure disappear or see it move sideways really fast and there would be a fish on!

franner11 said:
officially jealous of that fishin hole! :mrgreen:
way too hot to fish down here in nashville :cry:

Was pretty warm there too (but not as hot as Nashville I would bet). The water in the picture looks cold but the surface temp. was around 81 degrees. The evening swims were awesome!

Great job! I am getting so many great ideas for my boat from your boat. Where did you get your rod holders?

Well, I guess I didn't really "need it". I wanted it because I feel I have a better leak-proof seal as I put a ring of marine sealant around it. Also, if I ever change transducers or want to add another one I won't have to drill more holes in the hull.

KevinWI said:
I am also considering it, but wondering if I just adhere it with 5200 instead of screwing it to the transom if that would work?

That might work. You would need a way to keep the platein place while the adhesive cures though. I wouldn't be too fussed about a couple of screw holes in the hull though. If you use the 5200 in the screw holes and run a bead on the plate you will not get a leak.

Another thing you could do is turn the plate on its end and screw it to the hull above the water line. However, again, I don't think that is necessary.

Cheers,
BC

I did something similar with a small price of engineered decking. I got the piece of decking for free from Menard's (sample) and picked up a tube of Marine grade adhesive in a tube (not even sure what it was called). It has been glued to the transom, below the water line, for 2 years now with no problem. As BaitCaster mentioned, you'll have to come up with a unique way to keep the board secured until it dries. Also, assuming your transom has some angle to it, you might want to cut a chamfer to one of the ends of the board so that the water seamlessly runs past it without any turbulence. I mounted my speed sensor to the decking and the transducer is mounted with a Lowrance suction cup mount. No holes for me!

Man that lake is so clear, where about in the US are you with that clear of water?

Gators5220 said:
Man that lake is so clear, where about in the US are you with that clear of water?

Hey Gators,

You gotta come to Canada to get water that clear! That is Birch Lake in South-Eastern Ontario in Frontenac Provincial Park. if you ever get a chance to go there I highly recommend it. The fishing is some of the best I have ever seen, from Bass to Lake Trout.

Cheers,
BC

There is a stocked lake in vero with smallies or bronzebacks (small mouthed bass as you prob know them but others do not!)...and I have to say they fight a lot like redfish! And are a great fight...for any that haven't experienced small mouths vs large mouth bass I highly recommended it!

great Build! I am so glad I went through this build. I built my trolling Motor mount similar to yours but was also getting a lot of play. I had no idea how I was going to stiffen er up. But once I saw how you did yours I am definitly doing something very similar. Thanks for the idea! I hope your "Livin Large" is doing well =D>

Latest posts