B.A.S.S. imposes One-Lure Rule for the Bassmaster Classic...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender66

Reaction score
I've been wondering when this was going to happen.

https://www.bassmaster.com/news/bass-imposes-one-lure-rule-classic-and-elite-series

I read the article and I also read the comments. It seems most of them were for allowing the use of the Alabama Rig. They actually raised some thoughts that had not occurred to me. In the end though I kind of like the idea of one lure at a time...it sems more sportsman like to me. Of course I catch and release everything...if I were trying to feed my family by fishing I might have a different take on it.

Guys have been "feeding their family" as a pro angler for years using one lure at a time by winning tournaments....not keeping fish. Not sure that has to change. My verdict is still out and undecided for tournaments. Recreation......go for it.

Rules are meant to be looked over, ever so often... New products come along and decisions must be made weather of not they should be allowed. Having caught 2 ea, 2lb white bass on double rigged trolling lines, I don't think I would want to try and pull in something like the Alabama rig with say 3 fish on board... I don't have any equipment to handle that. However to each his own. But now we know where the professional tourney's stand. And here I was wanting to buy some stock in the Alabama lure company's...wrong again.

Just to be clear...I certainly don't have anything against anyone who wants to use this rig. Just like I don't have anything against people who like to hunt...it just isn't for me. For the pros on the Elite tour, I would tend to have more respect for the guy that uses one line and one lure at a time...I could be totally wrong but it just seems it takes more skill to fish that way and be successful.

with the hatred for this system its no suprise.
they missed a chance to bring in some real stategy/drama to the championship. if you put a 5lb or 2hr penalty on the use of it. you have a high stakes gamble in every time.

Latest posts