The Hardest Time of Year

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey man! We just moved here this past summer. Got my boat in the fall and I am just about ready to put it in the water now. Had to recoup my fishing gear losses too, I gave up all my stuff back in Atlantic Canada.

I am not sure where that is?

We were planning on doing lake mead, and down the Colorado river a bit. We just started picking up camping gear so we can do trips a little further away.

Well welcome to the Southwest! I live about 2 hrs. north of Vegas in St. George. Sand Hallow is a fairly new resevoir here in southern Utah but it's producing some really great fish (some 7-8lbs, which is huge for this area). There are alway vehicles with Nevada plates in the parking lot so I know a lot folks from the Vegas area head up this way. Let me know if you ever plan on heading up this way.

Yeah I checked it out on google earth...looks like a nice looking reservoir. I am sure we will be getting up that way eventually - there is a lot of nice geography to see in the southwest, and we figured we can't justify not seeing it!

---
I am here: https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.086486,-115.063713

if the rain ever stops i'm going to boat up the harrison river to do some cutthroat fishing. we just had a cold snap,then snow now heavy rain. hoping for a window of mild dry weather before the next front moves in.

I hear you Baitcaster. I live on the shore of Lake Ontario about 2 miles east of the Somerset power plant if you are near Toronto you can see the smoke stack across the lake. I will be glad when spring gets here.

Jdholmes said:
We were planning on doing lake mead, and down the Colorado river a bit. We just started picking up camping gear so we can do trips a little further away.

We're going to Willow Beach for trout and stripper fishing in the near future. We're dropping two older ladies off at Downtown Vegas and we're heading out to shore fish (leaving boat behind on this short trip). Can't wait for the Seafood Fantasy at the Fremont!

nomowork said:
Jdholmes said:

We're going to Willow Beach for trout and stripper fishing in the near future. We're dropping two older ladies off at Downtown Vegas and we're heading out to shore fish (leaving boat behind on this short trip). Can't wait for the Seafood Fantasy at the Fremont!

Seafood Fantasy Rocks! Have you ever tried the Rio's buffet? That one is awesome too. Good luck at the lake. Give us an update when you get back to a computer.

nomowork said:
Jdholmes said:

Awesome! I have heard the fishing is good over at willow beach. Where are you hailing from?

Las Vegas is probably the best place for "stripper" fishing...;)

My wife loves the rio buffet - we have only been once so far, but she was loving that they had all you can eat crab legs after 3:00.

We're from SoCal.

Willow Beach used to be a lot better when they stocked at two different locations, by the hatchery and the boat docks. The last time we were there, they only stocked by the hatchery. It looked like opening day at Crowley Lake!

On a side note, I can't wait to drive over the new bridge! That should cut the drive time from Henderson a lot.

Latest posts