Can you help me ID this 1432 flat bottom?

Boating related questions,small projects, custom work and talk go here.
catman529

Post by catman529 » 17 Feb 2012, 18:02

Mystery to me. I will give the specs I know and some pics. From pics I have seen online, Sears comes closest, but nothing exact.

Size - 14x32
Year - 1971
-Carry handles held in by only 2 rivets, 1 on each side. Only one was left when I bought the boat, and it was loose so I tore it out.
-No braces in the corners
-4 runners on the bottom

The guy I bought it from did not know the make either. He had put "Jon" as the make when he registered it, so I guess I will do the same.

There were remnants of old decals near the front of the boat, none readable, and I sanded them off.

There was no hull number on the boat.

I removed the rotten transom wood that was in there when I bought it, and replaced with new bolts and a piece of water sealed white oak.

There appeared to be the faded word "MARK" on one side of the hull near the stern. Came off when I stripped the paint. Looked like it may have been stencil painted on or something.

Now here are some pics.
Attachments
This is mounted on the prow - is it a person/weight capacity, or a serial number?
This is mounted on the prow - is it a person/weight capacity, or a serial number?
The floor braces do not go up the sides at all.
The floor braces do not go up the sides at all.
The transom has a single sheet of aluminum for a floor brace... original rivets it appears
The transom has a single sheet of aluminum for a floor brace... original rivets it appears
The corners have no braces.
The corners have no braces.
The handle is new. Notice how the seams are folded and welded.
The handle is new. Notice how the seams are folded and welded.
The bow... good look at the texture of the aluminum.
The bow... good look at the texture of the aluminum.
Here is a full view of the boat.  She is painted now... I took the pics right before painting.
Here is a full view of the boat. She is painted now... I took the pics right before painting.

catman529

Post by catman529 » 18 Feb 2012, 13:36

Anyone got any idea?

catman529

Post by catman529 » 21 Feb 2012, 15:25

bump

clamman

Post by clamman » 21 Feb 2012, 15:36

Hey Catman,
I had an old Sears boat about 40 years ago that looked similar to that ..but without a Hull # , I have no idea....hopefully somebody here sees your pic and recognizes. Good luck

aghudson

Post by aghudson » 21 Feb 2012, 17:41

I have an old sears 14' that looks pretty similar.