Finally, a tinny

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgeddes

Reaction score
I became part of the tin boat crowd today. Drug home a 1969 Sears 12' V hull. It has not been used much, but has some signs of being weather beaten. In the garage is a 8hp Nissan OB, and a couple of trolling motors.

The fleet is now 3.5 boats. Two wind powered, a kayak(the .5 part) and now a little tinny.

Pictures to follow when the attachment issue is fixed.

Nice! Are you gonna do anything to it?

Of course my friend...why else would I be here? I mean, anyone can have an aluminum boat, but you have to build a tinny.

Plan is to remove all the seats, :shock: add a low floor, a small console (centered?), remote steer and start, two comfy seats and a bimini. At first cursory glance, it looks like the hull will need some bracing for a full gut job. I'll need to dig into it to make that call.

We don't fish much but boat often. There are places our friends boat that are not windy enough for our sailboats. This boat will be our avenue to goof off in those places. Not a fancy 300hp race boat but a nice ride to a picnic spot.