1980 Bass Tracker IIIOregon New Member and Boat, Big Dreams

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hendo30

Reaction score
Hi all, wanted to introduce myself (Patrick) and say thank everyone in advance for everyones insight and previous posts. I have just purchsed my (New to me) The boat is a 1980 Bass Tracker III. It has a 1983 twin cylinder electric start/choke 60 horse Evinrude that has very low hours and runs like a top. The motor has had the carbs cleaned out and tuned and all new fuel lines installed. Compression test just done yesterday at 150psi in both cylinders reflects how little use this motor has had. It has teleflex tach in the dash, an Eagle Cuda 242 fishfinder, newer Rule automatic bilge pump, livewell with Rule aerator pump, 2 batteries, and one 6 gallon fuel tank. Up front there is a newer Minn Kota All Terrain 40lb thrust foot control trolling motor that works great. All of the upholstery is in excellent original condition. Overall the boat is in great shape.

The trailer has been completely rebuilt with new: Urethane paint, shackles, bolts, carpeted bunks, sealed tail and marker lights, winch, tongue jack, hitch coupler, and a pair of brand new galvanized wheels. I live in Oregon and already had it out a couple of times and already put some nice smallmouth in the boat. All this said I plan to extend the front fishing deck, new plywood through out, additional fish finder up front, new carpet and console up grade. I will post pics as I complete things. Thanks again for everyone elses upgrades and how-to-do's..Love the site already.

Attachments

• Tracker3 pic2.jpg
    Tracker3 pic2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,395
  • Tracker3 pic3.jpg
    Tracker3 pic3.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,395
  • Tracker3 pic1.jpg
    Tracker3 pic1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,395
  • Tracker3 pic4.jpg
    Tracker3 pic4.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,395
  • Tracker3 pic5.jpg
    Tracker3 pic5.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,395
  • Tracker3 pic6.jpg
    Tracker3 pic6.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,395
  • Tracker3 pic7.jpg
    Tracker3 pic7.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,395
Let me be the first to welcome you to the site.
What a nice boat,hard yo believe it's over 20 years old,go catch em.

Man my 1989 was a wreck! Great boat I'm looking forward to see what you do to it. Super addictive this stuff! Welcome to TinBoats my friend!

Welcome to the forum. Nice boat. Would you be kind enough to post a couple pics of how your console is mounted to the side panel? I forgot to take pics of the attachment method and now can't find a pic where the console attachment method is showing.. :oops:

Thanks gents, I am addicted to this site, can't get enough...DaveInGa-I will get some pictures up in the next few days on the console attachment. I will post on this thread and PM you with your request.

Anything new here?........I just acquired a similar boat and am interested in doing some modifications.........

that IS the cleanest 1983 evinrude ive ever seen, cleanest 1983 of any make ive ever seen. that motor is sweet and as good as its been taken care of id bet my left you know what if taken care of the same way it will be around another 30 yrs easy! sweet boat too! has it been in storage for a couple decades or only been used 3 times a yr?

Latest posts