Manual Tilt Help?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGibson

Reaction score
I know I have a few threads here on different topics...here's another.

I am a small guy (5'11" 125lbs soaking wet) and I need some ideas on something I can use to manually tilt my motor in and out of the water (for whatever reason). I have tried to do it and I can't budge it unless I'm out behind the boat. Just looking for something or some way I may be able to do it from inside the boat?

Dear JGibson,

I've never used one, but they make adjustable tilt assist brackets like this one.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Boating/Boating-Outboards-Accessories/Power-Lifts-Trim-Tilt%7C/pc/104794380/c/104752980/sc/104512680/Adjustable-Outboard-Motor-Tilter/737415.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fboating-boating-outboards-accessories-power-lifts-trim-tilt%2F_%2FN-1100538&WTz_l=SEO%3Bcat104512680

Regards,

Tim Murphy :D

try if lubrication on the transom bracket bolt will help, you might need to pull it out to spread the lube inside. and check if the nut isn't too tight, but don't make it too loose either as the motor could drop down too quick.

if you don't mind me asking, what size is the motor? i imagine even bigger guys would have trouble trying to manually tilt a big motor.......and even more difficult to manually tilt a hydraulic tilt motor, LOL

Put it in reverse with the tilt lock unlocked. May have to throttle just a little but it pops right up. I have been doing this for years with a 4 stroke 25.

turbotodd said:
Put it in reverse with the tilt lock unlocked. May have to throttle just a little but it pops right up. I have been doing this for years with a 4 stroke 25.
I wouldn't do that.

Latest posts