Your ONE favorite rod that you own TODAY?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your ONE favorite rod that you still own?

The Rod is a Shimano Cumara 6'8" CUS68MHF
The reel is a Shimano Stradic CI4 2500F with 10lb braid

This thing is so sensitive you can feel a jelly fish bite! :lol:

St Croix 5' UL with a Diawa UL open face reel. If a minnow swims within 50' of my bait, I can feel it. Spooled with 2# test mono, even a 6" perch takes drag. It is a very light set up but I have landed 20" walleye, 6# bass and other large fish with this set up. It does take time to get them in, but it sure is a hoot.

I just got 2 G Loomis Rods, but haven't had a chance to throw them yet. As light as they feel....I'm betting that I'll love them. I really like my 2 Razor Rods that I have too. Those are custom made by a guy at Table Rock. They are without a doubt the most sensitive rods that I've ever fished....so far. I have a Curado on one and an Abu Garcia STX on the other.

mines a rod ive had for about 15yrs. its a quantam bill dance 7ft m power casting rod with whatever reel i decide to throw on it. i call it my utility rod because it works well with spinnerbaits,topwaters,swimbaits,plastics,cranks and i like it for channel cats with cut bait too. the one rod that come with me every time no matter the target species...

My 7' med-heav tiger ugly stick spinning rod.

I've caught a 6 1/2' spinner shark on it, but she's still got a soft enough tip for tight lining channels and keeping an eye on my fidgety bullhead movement. When you need to horse something heavy off the bottom the backbone it has won't quit till its in the net :)

Perfect big river rod IMO

Just picked up a 7' G-Loomis GL2 Crank bait Rod-843C Medium Action, Moderate taper threw it a couple time and man is it sensitive.

Captain Ahab said:
New River Rat said:
Mudhole MHX SJ842 6'9" split grip spiral micros with Curado 200 E7 spooled with Sufix 832 20# Ghost.

Sweeeet rod

Thanks. I've got a friend that is into building and he has opened my eyes to customs and that's a pretty benign addiction. The rod I mentioned, complete with reel and line, weighs about 10 ounces.

7' Walker E series (12 to 17 lb) with Diawa SS 1600 ( 29 years old) 20lb braided line. Casts a country mile and is a real Snook Slayer!

I have about 50 rod and reels ranging from $50 to several hundred $$$ apiece. My absolute favorite rod is a cheapo 6.5ft MH BASS Tour Series by Abu Garcia from Wallyworld about 20 years ago. Probably $40 back then. It is the most sensitive rod I have ever owned. Fortunately I was smart enough back then to buy 3 of them.

Right now it's any one of my 16 All-Star rods I own all of which are for bass fishing in one style or another. But last year I was fishin with a buddy of mine and was introduced to Joe Burns Custom rods. Need less to say when I retire in the next 2 to 5 years I will be passing my All-Stars on to my wife and kids to use and I'll be buying me a complete set of Joe Burns. :wink:

Latest posts