Self filming gear? Camera? Mounts?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Reaction score
Hi folks! I love taking footage and photos. I self film myself hunting, using my old sony handycam. I also have the Rhino Lidcam. The lidcam is pretty sweet (it's a small camera that clips on to the underside of the bill on your cap), I need a bigger memory card, so i can take more/longer videos. With the 2 gig card, i can only take about an hour and a half of videos, which is not enough for fishing, as i would like to be filming just about the whole time, because unlike hunting, you cant really see when fish are coming... :/ But it takes great vids, good quality. Anyway, i was wondering if anyone self films themselves fishing? If so, what kind of camera do you use? What do you use to mount it? What do you mount it to? Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I am using a new GoPro Hero3 and it has a loop setting (I have it set at 5 min) that records over and over until you stop it to save memory. Works great for fishing. Catch a fish and stop it and then let it run until hopefully the next fish. They have so many different mounts available the sky is the limit with some ingenuity.

Thats what i was thinking about going with, and maybe another camera that i can mount on the back of my boat to get shots of me. Mind filling me in on how much that costed?

I bought the Hero3 Silver $299 plus memory card and various mounts. I probably have $800 in it so far and want to get some more for different angles. The expense on these adds up in a hurry and they are kind of addictive 8) Here is a link to one of my videos. Just playing around with things right now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SCS9EdE57U Watch in 1080p

Latest posts