TinBoats 2013 Biggest Loser Challenge!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had BAssAddict visit me for a few days and I think I lost about 15 lbs

!st - he eats all my food so it really cuts down on my intake!

2nd - Even have to try and eat and look at (or worse, smell) BassAddict - it kills the appetite quickly and decisively !!!!!!!!!!!!!

When he tells you he is "Hobo Fresh" he means it!

Captain Ahab said:
Had BAssAddict visit me for a few days and I think I lost about 15 lbs

!st - he eats all my food so it really cuts down on my intake!

2nd - Even have to try and eat and look at (or worse, smell) BassAddict - it kills the appetite quickly and decisively !!!!!!!!!!!!!

When he tells you he is "Hobo Fresh" he means it!

Oooohhhh....there goes my breakfast. :sick:

Don't know what I did wrong this week. I starved myself by eating less and better food, and even spread it out over 4 meals a day.
I hit the treadmill every day this week for a 2 mile trek at a break neck pace of just under 15 minute mile (walking).

This is VERY discouraging! #-o

Weighed in today the same as last week. (What the hell did I do wrong?)

01/02/13 226
01/04/13 225
01/11/13 225

fender66 said:
Don't know what I did wrong this week. I starved myself by eating less and better food, and even spread it out over 4 meals a day.
I hit the treadmill every day this week for a 2 mile trek at a break neck pace of just under 15 minute mile (walking).

01/02/13 226
01/04/13 225
01/11/13 225

Eat more!! Early in my calorie counting days I found that if I didnt eat at least 1900 calories I wouldnt lose a thing

BassAddict said:
fender66 said:

01/02/13 226
01/04/13 225
01/11/13 225

Eat more!! Early in my calorie counting days I found that if I didnt eat at least 1900 calories I wouldnt lose a thing

Why does that sound like sabotage to me? [-X

I've avoided breads, had a small amount of pasta only once, eat lots of fresh fruit all week and have even lost the urge to go after sweets. So frustrating!

Fender, try cutting out some fruit but adding veggies. Maybe your Carb intake is too high? They say to keep carbs under 100 grams per day for weight loss. I'm no expert though.

I see when I can keep my carbs under 50 per day I feel the best.

fender66 said:
BassAddict said:
fender66 said:

01/02/13 226
01/04/13 225
01/11/13 225

Why does that sound like sabotage to me? [-X

I've avoided breads, had a small amount of pasta only once, eat lots of fresh fruit all week and have even lost the urge to go after sweets. So frustrating!

No Im serious about this, some people call this theory "starvation mode" where your body believes food is scarce so it clings to stored calories (fat) in case it needs it later. Also fresh fruit should be eaten in moderation, basically it is sugar (which is why you no longer crave sweets) sugar creates an insulin response telling your body to store calories (again fat).

Edit: Carbs = Sugar, their both processed the same way

My status
227.4 Starting weight
224.2 Jan 4 weigh-in
3.2 lbs lost
225.0 Jan 11 weigh-in
0.8 lbs GAINED
20.0 to go

This was one hard week-first we had a coworker leave - so there was chinese buffet. Then I was given 4 awesome tickets to a hockey game, so we bought crap food/sodas there. Then I won in a great audit with the IRS (my client could have paid up to 45-50k) - so I celebrated with Qdoba. Then the new guy started at work, there were treats and I went to lunch with him. My mother in law thinks I don't eat enough, so she forced more food and double desserts on me Wednesday. And my coworker is keeps bringing in her heavenly tasting homeade pecan turtles - I absolutely can't resist them. I feel very luck it was only 0.8 lbs this week. Tonight we were given box seats to a Milwaukee Bucks game. ARRGGGgg this free food is killing me!

No Im serious about this, some people call this theory "starvation mode" where your body believes food is scarce so it clings to stored calories (fat) in case it needs it later. Also fresh fruit should be eaten in moderation, basically it is sugar (which is why you no longer crave sweets) sugar creates an insulin response telling your body to store calories (again fat).

I understand the sugar=sugar, even in fresh fruit......but, If I were a caveman....I could forage it. So.......????

Untitled_zpsa9296d82.jpg
1/2/13
BL2_zps27f16dda.jpg
1/4/13
BL3_zpsa7c6fa8e.jpg
1/11/13

I don't really miss the real sugar in my coffee all that much, but I sure do miss my chocolate and Mountain Dew . :cry:

fender66 said:

I understand the sugar=sugar, even in fresh fruit......but, If I were a caveman....I could forage it. So.......????

Could you forage for a ton of fruit now? No cause its winter..

BassAddict said:
fender66 said:

Could you forage for a ton of fruit now? No cause its winter..

It's summer in my kitchen. :roll:

Wow...guess I better go thaw my yard. Then again, it' going to be 70 degrees here today. Maybe I'll just play in the mud.

1/2/13 190 lbs
1/11/13 184.5 lbs

I got below 180 lbs with the flu and 100.8 temp. After 8 day's of laying around, I am ready to get back to normal, especially my guts. I hope to start light workouts again. I still have a bad cough, I hear that the cough lasts for about 2 weeks. Whatever they are calling this flu, it is painful in addition to the sickness. We've already had 4 deaths in our area and the flu season is just starting, 2 middle aged adults and 2 kids. Dallas county treated 16,000 kids in December at their ER and some pediatrians are turning patients away. It's as bad as anything that I have had except the shingles.

nlester said:
1/2/13 190 lbs
1/11/13 184.5 lbs

I got below 180 lbs with the flu and 100.8 temp. After 8 day's of laying around, I am ready to get back to normal, especially my guts. I hope to start light workouts again. I still have a bad cough, I hear that the cough lasts for about 2 weeks. Whatever they are calling this flu, it is painful in addition to the sickness. We've already had 4 deaths in our area and the flu season is just starting, 2 middle aged adults and 2 kids. Dallas county treated 16,000 kids in December at their ER and some pediatrians are turning patients away. It's as bad as anything that I have had except the shingles.

If you die during the contest your last weigh in is the one we go with

And you forfeit the grand prize to me!

01/02/13 235.5
01/04/13 230.3
01/11/13 226.5
01/18/13 226.2 Total crap! I blame my wife this week :D

I need to lose 6.2 in 13 days. To stay on track for my goal.

WooHoo......FINALLY.....moving in the right direction!

01/02/13 226
01/04/13 225
01/11/13 225
01/18/13 222.5

Pants are still tight. 22.5 more to go.

Jim said:
Total crap! I blame my wife this week :D

I bet she's gonna love hearing it's her fault. :lol:
I came down with some 72 hr. bug on Sat and fell off my diet a bit but I rebounded pretty good and almost got back on schedule. Maybe I need to get a wife so I'll have somebody to blame. #-o
Jim, are you doing any sort of workout/exercise or just watching the diet?

1/2/13 -- 292
1/4/13 -- 287.6
1/11/13 - 282
1/18/13 - 276.4

Latest posts