New Member here,

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian B.

Reaction score
Lurker for a while, finally joined.

I run a 1448 Grizzly with a 35 horse short shaft tiller, it's a quick little rig.

I had a 1648 Lowe Mod-V previously, if I'm honest I think I liked the Lowe better, minor little rivet leaks and all.

I run a Minn Kota 55 Endura up front (I like them much better than foor controls, very robust design). I like the hand control in the river better too, much more control, and I cam trim up @ 45deg angle when I need to for super shallow.

My future boat will be a costom built Alweld or Blazer from Troutt and Sons but that's probably years away. They sell the nicest tin boats I have ever seen(for my purposes).

(LOL) I went with the 14' due to the recession knocking my pay down so much, and fuel soaring so high- (thanks POTUS on both accounts). I tow with (again a down-sized tow vehicle) a 1999 Cavalier sedan, 2.2 liter front wheel drive- tow that little Grizzly like a dream, about 22mpg while towing.

Anyway, I have questions from time to time- and I can answer questions too, as I have had many glass and aluminum rigs- (Skeeter aluminums being the worst two boating chapters in our Portfolio).

Small rigs rock!

I live in Waterloo Illinois, essentially St.Louis.

I fish Pyramid State Park almost weekly in the milder months. I also fish Baldwin (power plant) Lake, World Shooting Complex, and many of the rivers and streams on the Missouri side.

I am a Zoom Fluke and Yamamoto Senko, Norman Deep Little-N, and War Eagle spinnerbaits guy, give me those four in a small tackle bag and I'm set.

I will try as hard as I can to stay non-Political, as best I can... (It's guns now, more restrictions on fishing and boating are next- just saying) (darnitt!!)

Pyramid State Park has bass up to 11lbs- just saying.. Not shabby for Illinois.

Baldwin smallmouth,

Unfortanately most of these fish died in a recent fish kill.

Attachments

• user17535_pic74_1324352213.jpg
    user17535_pic74_1324352213.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 559
Welcome:
Nice boat! NICE bass!!!
Now you need to put the TRAC system to work. Lots of things can be mounted using it.

overboard said:
Welcome:
Nice boat! NICE bass!!!
Now you need to put the TRAC system to work. Lots of things can be mounted using it.

I just use 1/4" by 20 threaded carriage bolts from the hardware store- no patent on carriage bolts. :)

Hey! Nice boat. 1448 huh? Anyway you might take a real good pic of your Capacity Plate and send it to me? I have a 1448 also and it is missing it. I would like to make a copy of it with my boats info. Might be too much to ask but never hurts to try :)

Latest posts