just wanna say hello.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikem09

Reaction score
hello all, my name is Mike, im from Northern N.J. I bought a Tracker fisherman 16' recently. i mainly fish Reservoirs, but plan on learning alot about fishing the Delaware river this year. my boat is only rated for a 2hp motor. the transom angles up like the bow. its kinda like a bass/drift boat. lol. its hard to explain. well im just getting back into fishing this year because i lost my left leg 2 years ago. im looking forward to seeing everyones mods, and hopefully getting some ideas on how to make my boat safer for me, due to my handicap. anyone from the Jersey/ poconos area, that knows the Delaware river id love to chat with. im always looking for more knowledge, and to share what i know. hope yoos have a great weekend. im so glad i found this forum.

Welcome Mike,
Thanks for joining! :beer:

Plenty of NJ guys that will help you out. I was down there a couple of years ago fishing with Bassaddict, Captain Ahab, and I met a few other NJ guys as well.

Might just have to make a trip down there for a long weekend over the summer for a mini TinBoats get together.

Jim

Welcome Aboard, Ahab knows the Delaware but stay away from him, and under no circumstances give him your address or phone number! He is an encyclopedia of fishing knowledge /hot spots but he will eventually suck the life out of you with endless spam phone calls and invitations on "fishing trips".

Avoid Fender at all costs also!

Popeye is strange but harmless....... I think

Thanks guys. im lookin foward to finding new buddies. always willing to make a new friend, or 2.

What part of the Big D are you fishing?

And BAssAddict is some homeless guy who get free wifi from a half way house that kicked him out years ago - ignore him

i fish the watergap area. in the past i launch at worthington state launch for shad. but i only go 100 yards and anchor for shad. im gonna be doing more of a float trip when i fish it now cause my boat only has a bow mount motor and it can only hold a 2hp motor on the transom. im hoping to learn the river for walleye. ive caught a few by accident, lol. but wanna learn to find them and catch them purpously.

mikem09 said:
i fish the watergap area. in the past i launch at worthington state launch for shad. but i only go 100 yards and anchor for shad. im gonna be doing more of a float trip when i fish it now cause my boat only has a bow mount motor and it can only hold a 2hp motor on the transom. im hoping to learn the river for walleye. ive caught a few by accident, lol. but wanna learn to find them and catch them purpously.

I fish up there on occasion - but usually fish the Trenton to Yardley stretch for smallies

i use to haul sewage outta trenton. too many people fishing down there for me. sooo many boats. lol. i like to stay up north and just have to deal with the canoe trips and people tubing.

yea, im lookin forward to shad. but soon enough Newark watershed opens. thats where i absolutley LOVE to fish

:WELCOME: to the site Mike! You're gonna love it here. Lots of good info and good people!

Latest posts