Tinboat's Giveaway Box - Thanks for serving Box delivered

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well all can say is I am so glad it arrived and thank you and thank you (JIM) for such a Bad A$$ site were we can do these type of things :beer: :USA1: :USA1: :USA1: :beer:

Your gonna have to get a bigger motor to haul all that around. :lol: Thanks for your service and I hope you enjoy all the new gear.

JMichael said:
Well guys, the package arrived today, and all I can say is WoW!!! This is like Xmas all over again. While I was laying it all out for a photo I think I counted 75 individual items or packages with most of it being packages containing multiple items. And that doesn't Include the fantastic rod so generously donated by Kevin, AKA Bigwave. I can't begin to thank you all enough but I want you all to know that I really do appreciate this.

Untitled_zps74f01408.jpg

Just a quick update on your new custom fishing rod. I apologize for the delay, however we will start building your rod probably tomorrow.......My rod builder has completed 28 rods since xmas and you are next.......We will be build your crappie/bass rod just as you requested. I will post pics of the progress so people can see the skills of our in-house rod builder.

OK, this has been pushed back so many times it's not even funny any more. Even though it may not look like it, Kevin/Bigwave and I kept in touch via PM's. The rod arrived and WoW is it nice! I had a new Shimano spinning reel just waiting on it when it got here. So I mounted the reel and sat back and waited on some decent weather. And waited, and waited...... and it seemed like the waiting was never going to end. Then the temps started to come up but so did the wind. The temps were hitting high 50's to low 60's and the wind was hitting high teens to mid 20's. The temps have continued to rise but the wind has not let up. And when I say it hasn't let up, I mean we've had daily winds of 20+ with gust up to 30ish. So last week we get a storm rolling through and it dumped 3.5 inches on us. Two days later the wind drops to less than 5 mph so I called a buddy and started packing up the boat. We get to the lake and the water is so muddy you grow corn in it.

With the microwave guides, the new rod cast really nice, unfortunately I can't tell you anything about what it's like with a fish on the other end. :cry: Other than the one fish my buddy caught, we just took a 5 hour boat ride. And now momma nature decided to dump another 3" of rain on us last night. So even with the forecast showing a slight break in the winds (9-17mph over the next 10 days) I don't anticipate much fishing will be done any time soon. This "spring", if you can call it that, has the makings to be one of the strangest on record for us. The temps have already hit 85° this year and now they're giving warnings that we may have a frost in the morning. This could only get stranger if it was in a fiction novel.

Hang in there JMichael. Mother nature will loosen her grip and hopefully by fall you will have all that gear worn out. Just be sure to post pics of all the big ones. Good luck and tight lines.

Wow, that does sound like some strange weather.....I hope all is well, I see that there has been quite a bit of strong storms up your way lately. I hope the water clears up and you get some good weather to use your new rod. I just came inside to some AC, its alread in the 80's here and I should be eating my first tomatoes soon.

Well we've had a few days reach the mid 80's but that didn't come without the wind. Today most everyone I saw outside had on a jacket or a coat. They had already gotten so use to the 70-80 degree weather that this sudden drop to 44 has them shaking in their boots. My tomatoes plants are only about 6" tall, my corn is 2-3" tall and my cucumber plants just stuck their heads up out of the ground 2 days ago. I've got everything covered with plastic for the projected frost tonight. I'm just hoping that the weather shifts back to a somewhat normal spring like pattern soon. The way my luck has been lately, it's probably just going to go straight to a summer heat wave and drought similar to last year.

Latest posts