1988 MirroCraft "Deep Fisherman II" (New pics 6/9/13)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking great! I love the new carpet look, fills in all the voids and everything. I know I will not be able to use carpet :( as my two labs & eye spawn will ruin it!!

I had been very curious about building a deck at the height of the bench seat on my '78 Mirrocraft but worried the center of balance would be too high. Let me know how it goes once you get it out on the water.

Build looks great, it is everything I imagine my boat could be.

linus™ said:
I had been very curious about building a deck at the height of the bench seat on my '78 Mirrocraft but worried the center of balance would be too high. Let me know how it goes once you get it out on the water.

Build looks great, it is everything I imagine my boat could be.

I will let you know. I'm hoping to have it out in the next 10 days or so. 8)

Thanks guys on the feedback!

I also want to replace the thru hull that's below the waterline for the livewell fill. The fitting that was in before isn't approved for below waterline, so now I have to find a replacement that is........ :x[/quote]

I have the same situation but was gonna just. Leave it is it a big issue to have it below the water line?

wihoulihan said:
I also want to replace the thru hull that's below the waterline for the livewell fill. The fitting that was in before isn't approved for below waterline, so now I have to find a replacement that is........ :x

I have the same situation but was gonna just. Leave it is it a big issue to have it below the water line?[/quote]

I'm not sure, but just reading the "not for use below the waterline" warning makes me worry. I already removed the old one because it looked rough, so I need to find a replacement quick.......I'll have to get the fast cure 5200 as well because I can't really wait the 7 days for the 5200 that I already have to fully cure.

Just bought a 1988 Mirocraft deep fisherman with most of the original floor torn out. Is there somewhere to get a template to make a new one or is it trial and error time?

arlee71 said:
Just bought a 1988 Mirocraft deep fisherman with most of the original floor torn out. Is there somewhere to get a template to make a new one or is it trial and error time?

You could try emailing Mirrocraft or get some cardboard and make your own.

Well I think I am getting close to having it out on the water soon......weather pending of course. I leave for my fishing trip next Thursday morning, so the time I have left is quickly running out. :( ....... :) Like I said, I scaled back my plans for now, but will be adding things later during phase 2 of my project. Right now I am waiting on 1 sheet of the marine plywood that I ordered to come in, so I can finish up the rear deck.

Things left:
- replace livewell hose and lid/cover
- finish middle bench lid
- front radio project
- rear deck cut/carpet/install
- run wiring

...so here's where I'm at.....

Attachments

• P5210044.JPG
    P5210044.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,742
  • P5210041.JPG
    P5210041.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,741
  • P5210033.JPG
    P5210033.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,741
  • P5210035.JPG
    P5210035.JPG
  • P5210031.JPG
    P5210031.JPG
  • P5210026.JPG
    P5210026.JPG
  • P5210025.JPG
    P5210025.JPG
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=314779#p314779 said:
thewalleyehunter » 14 May 2013, 21:38[/url]"]
wihoulihan said:
I also want to replace the thru hull that's below the waterline for the livewell fill. The fitting that was in before isn't approved for below waterline, so now I have to find a replacement that is........ :x

I have the same situation but was gonna just. Leave it is it a big issue to have it below the water line?

I'm not sure, but just reading the "not for use below the waterline" warning makes me worry. I already removed the old one because it looked rough, so I need to find a replacement quick.......I'll have to get the fast cure 5200 as well because I can't really wait the 7 days for the 5200 that I already have to fully cure.[/quote]

I ordered a new fitting along with some 5200 fast cure, but forgot to snap some pics......will get some tomorrow. 8)

Oh yeah, forgot to throw up a couple more pics. One is of the front deck "wall".....the outer triangle pieces will be removed for the rod locker access in phase two. Second, is the pic of the stereo mock up I'm planning for now....just a cheap stereo and speakers I had laying around. Lastly, I threw together a new rod rack for the garage. Still planning on adding a couple more.

Attachments

• P5210045.JPG
    P5210045.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,739
  • P5210054.JPG
    P5210054.JPG
  • P5210053.JPG
    P5210053.JPG
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=315608#p315608 said:
BOB350RX » 22 May 2013, 07:23[/url]"]man that one clean build i like it alot... might tear into my rig...again...lol

Thanks! :D

I have a few things left, but I am planning on finishing it up this weekend. I'll probably work on a few things during the summer, but I think I will hold off on the lockers until next winter. I have to put the handle on the rear hatch door, as well as a couple other things, but things are moving along. Here's a progress pic as of yesterday.

Attachments

• P5230024.JPG
    P5230024.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,698
Well it's been a while since I updated this thread. I ended up leaving my boat home for my big fishing trip due to my partner having to back out last minute :( ......so finally got back to it to finish up a few things. :D Ran all the wiring, just have to pick up two new battery connectors and bolt down my master power switch. I ended up cutting out a small chunk from the bench to make a spot for the rear battery because I didn't want it in the same compartment as the fuel tanks. It's far from what I consider "completely done", but it will be fully functional at least.

I'll post a few quick pics, but tomorrow I'll take some better ones. I did a quick spray job on the trailer as well and redid the wiring on that too.

Attachments

• P6090033.JPG
    P6090033.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,646
  • P6090010.JPG
    P6090010.JPG
  • P6090008.JPG
    P6090008.JPG
  • P6090025.JPG
    P6090025.JPG