Rain Suit Suggestions??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xmytruck

Reaction score
Hello Guys
I am looking to purchase a real rain suit and was wondering what you guys recommend? I did check out the new 100 mph suit at BPS that does look sweet and I was thinking about going to cabelas to look at Guidewear and maybe some Helly Hansen. Any experience with any of these brands?

THx
x

I don't any high-end rain gear, but from what I've heard, both the BPS 100mph stuff and the Cabela's Guidewear are both real good. I opted for the cheapy (kinda like vinyl) stuff from Walmart :lol: . Are you going to just use it while fishing, or other outdoor activities? I see some mixed reviews (some good and some so-so) on the FroggToggs brand. I've heard the FroggToggs stuff tears easy, but I have no actual experience with it.

I have a set of Frogg Toggs and they have worked fine so far.

I can see how they would tear with abuse. The material is sort of like a heavy Tyvek.

Having tried both at both stores I would go with the Cabelas brand. It fit nicer, Was not as "Stiff" and you know me I need the room inside, Im a big guy. I would try them both on before spending the coin.

Plus i have read (could be true of both companies) that the outfits have a lifetime warranty.

I got some frogg-toggs from Dicks. First time ever I can honestly say that I wore something that did in fact block the wind. I Have not had the pleasure of using them in the rain yet so I cant say if they work as intended.

You know i always spend $30 for a "disposable" set. This time I splurged and spent $50 and so far so good.

The frog toggs do grab my eye i would be done at $110 instead of 550 for the BPS 100mph suit.. also there is an Helly Hansen set that is pure PVC for 150 that looks great also... Everyone I talk to says everyone is Alaska uses Helly Hansen for a reason. Is breathable that important??

Breathable=real important,epecially if your in a warmer climate.Sweat like a crazy if not breathable.. .then you would just be wet.

Luv my Frogg Toggs, I'll take breathable any day. I've torn mine here and there over the years, nothing a wife with five minutes and a sewing needle can't fix. Use them for fishin, joggin, and motorcycle.

Man I must of gotting duds(frogg toggs),mine soak through like crazy.Probably because I wore them once through the pickers messed them up.They are light though,alittle noisy for deer hunting.

If it's just for fishin' i would just get the WM stuff. I think i gave $10 bucks or so for jacket and pants and they have done just fine.
You ain't gonna melt anyway even if they did happen to leak a little bit :lol: Just kidding......I had to throw that in though,you can do it next time LOL

Went to BPS on Fri I put on the 100 MPH suit on and in two minuses I was sweating like a dog and it was a pain to get into the bibs with shoes on. Any ways I I did not want to get the jacket because I have a north face which works great So I decided to just get the bid for the HPR set and I must say WOW completely water proof wind proof and not too hot..

thx
x

xmytruck said:
Went to BPS on Fri I put on the 100 MPH suit on and in two minuses I was sweating like a dog and it was a pain to get into the bibs with shoes on. Any ways I I did not want to get the jacket because I have a north face which works great So I decided to just get the bid for the HPR set and I must say WOW completely water proof wind proof and not too hot..

thx
x

Killer! Thats a nice set!

Latest posts