where to put batteries on electric only tin boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shu2kill

Reaction score
well, im restoring-modifying a small tin boat. its only a 1232 so i dont have lots of space.

im thinking about installing 2 transom trolling motors, but im unsure as of where to put the batteries. i heard someone suggested to put them in the front. the most convenient place due to space would be at the rear, behind the rear bench. however, if i get something by moving them forward i could try to put them under the middle bench.

so, whats the best location to put them?? i will use a 25# and a 30# TM so the batteries are not that big.

this is my boatÑ

IMG_1290_zps84b6301c.jpg

There is no best place as far as weight distribution and performance go so put them out of the way or anywhere you think is out of the way. You don't have any motor weight so the back would be my opinion.

My boat (a 12'er) sits poorly in the water with me, the 55# trolling motor and 2 deep cycles in the back. After adding some length to the motor wires and putting the batteries in the middle of the boat (just ahead of the middle seat) the boat performs much better.

Your boat may be heavier, or weighted different so it may come down to trial and error to get the boat to float nicely.

thanx, ill do some experimenting with it then to see whats the best location. i would prefer to have them in the back, as thats basically useless space, but if the boat rides better with them on the front, ill have to put them there...

Latest posts