my idea for a jet jon build will it work?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Transom tacked on

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    589.4 KB · Views: 2,101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    804.6 KB · Views: 2,100
Sponsons on next is housing and console

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    699.4 KB · Views: 2,074
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    835.1 KB · Views: 2,074
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    769.6 KB · Views: 2,074
Motor mounted and pump sealed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    736.8 KB · Views: 2,052
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    892.8 KB · Views: 2,052
Thinking about going with a foot pedal I found this one for $113 hopefully it's the right choice

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 2,025
I've always wondered if that foot pedal is uncomfortable being so upright. My speed skiff has a much flatter mounted pedal which works well. It's not actually as flat as it looks in this picture but it has raised sides which is really helpful when you're flying through the air at 70+ mph!

Attachments

• JS55_2.jpg
    JS55_2.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 2,003
I wondered the same thing but I oredered it so I guess I'll find out.

Getting close to finished put the gas tank in the back, battery and motor installed along with fire wall.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    773.2 KB · Views: 1,995
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    568.7 KB · Views: 1,995
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    564.8 KB · Views: 1,995
Looks really good. I always figured a foot throttle would be a pain in the leg over time and using a hand control I could stand when needed and not be chained to the seat. I've had quite a few occasions when I'd need to get the motor fired up to push up some fast riffles to rescue stuck gear. When the kid has to drive I feel a lot better about the hand throttle.

Hatches in steering and throttle will go in today hopefully will be running it Friday!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,950
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,950
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 1,950
Thanks! Im going to test it out Friday hope it runs well only thing im worried about is cavitation.

Looks good. One question though, what was the thought process on making the console so tall? Seems if you are sitting that it's blocking your forward visibility, at least if you are trying to dodge the bottom. Add in the decision to use a hot foot and I don't think it would be comfortable or safe to stand behind it.

The hot foot didn't work. I ended up using a throttle off a four wheeler. The console is tall because I am. I stand when I drive mostly if I sit I'll sit on a cooler behind me it actually gives a a more birds eye view to see the river bed and obstacles. I wouldn't change a thing about it
https://youtu.be/n7x5h5kXjLE

Upgrading to a bigger motor picked up a couple 96 760's they will bolt right in I hope.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,732
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,732
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,732
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg