Busted

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingBuds

Reaction score
So, I'm waiting to turn at a stop sign, a sheriff is got one pulled over. I turn and we make eye contact so I wave at him-you know being friendly, he instead points me to the curve. :? He comes up to me and says the magical "you know why I pulled ya over" I say "you pointed me over, not pulled me over" :lol: well he didn't see any funny in that- instead he tells me I'm not wearing my seat belt, I look down (knowen I always wear it) and realize I'm not wearing it :roll:

so he goes back to the first truck and sends him on his way and then pulls his cruiser behind my truck. He starts to get out and his cruiser starts rollin towards my truck :shock: half way out he ends up saving it from thumpen the back of my truck =D> too bad, cause I could've gotten out of a pretty $25.00 dollar seat belt ticket :x if he'd hit me.

Owww the neck pain is Horrible officer :wink: :^o

Dang seat belt ticket #-o

Thats BS. I think here they have to pull you over for something else and then they can give you a ticket for that. I never wear mine....Ever. It is just out of habit or I would.

My opinion on mandatory wearing of seat belts runs contrary to many others. Suffice it to say I was spared serious injury in a vehicle roll over. Banged my knee against the dash is all. I was wearing my seat belt.

It is mandatory in our family too. Many years back, mom was in a bad wreck, and the person next to her was killed, as the person in the back wasn't wearing a belt, and he came forward, breaking the seat, and then breaking her back. To make things worse, he was her husband, and had to live with the fact that it was his fault his wife died in that wreck. Mom still had to learn how to walk again, and still has knee issues today. The way the wreck was, the 2 people in the passenger side should have been able to walk out, had the guy in the back wore his belt, as all the impact was on the drivers side, to the point that the front wheel was pushed back past the pedals.

I know an ambulance driver/volunteer fire fighter. He has been doing this job for over 30 years. He told me that he has never been called to an accident scene where the person died while wearing their seat belt. They do save lives no joke.

When I was young I never wore my seatbelt. Then when I started driving trucks and saw those accidents that people walked away from and the ones that the people didn't, it hit me that seatbelts actually do seem to work. I wear mine all the time now. I know I have a hard head, but I think the dash/windsheild might be even harder.

It sucks getting a ticket period, but I will never get one for not wearing a seatbelt. Five years ago I was in a wreck with my uncle the day before Easter. He was driving and we were picking up subs and pizza for dinner for the family. I had 2 pizzas and a bag of subs on my lap when we left the pizza shop. With everything on my lap I thought to myself, I'm not gonna put my seatbelt on. My uncle usually never wears his, but he buckled up, so I also did even with the food on my lap.

A few miles down the road, we were hit head on by an 4-runner doing 70 in a 45. Luckily we were OK and only had a ton of bumps and bruises, but of course his week old accord was totalled.

I also got to spend my last few weeks of my freshmen year of college dazed on plenty of vicodin. You could see the seatbelt around my chest and waist in bruise form, for over a month after the crash.

I know there are cases where seatbelts can also kill, but I'll take that chance and buckle up. I am not trying to give you a hard time, cause I believe it is a personal choice to wear a seatbelt.

fishing buds thats cheep coast my soninlaw 200.00 here in maine and 100 for not having his headlights on in the rain now thats busred they just passed a law in maine if you smoke in you car with anyone in it under 18 50.00 dollar fine and heard the other day all fines in maine went up 15 0/0 to pay for the gas in patroll cars and yes gas just went up again today

State law in KY for seatbelts. I believe in them and always buckle-up, even before it was law. They just passed another law concerning the use of booster seats for children (under 54" in height I believe). The reasoning being with children below that height the seat belt may not restrain them properly if they're just sitting in the regular seat.

I wish they'd pass a law here making it mandatory to turn-on headlights when it rains, even in the daytime. I guess people don't realize it's so the other drivers can see you. Of course, it'd be nice to see them enforce the use of friggin' turn signals in this town :roll:

Since we are on a rant.....I think you should get a $50 fine for blowing through a stop sign.

I have a stop sign in front of my house. There are kids all under the age of 10 on all 4 corners. Cars roll through like there is no stop signs there. The problem here is that it is not a busy area so It is not worth it for the officials to do anything about it.

Jim said:
Since we are on a rant.....I think you should get a $50 fine for blowing through a stop sign.

I have a stop sign in front of my house. There are kids all under the age of 10 on all 4 corners. Cars roll through like there is no stop signs there. The problem here is that it is not a busy area so It is not worth it for the officials to do anything about it.

Concur on that stop sign fine!

...The problem here is that it is not a busy area so It is not worth it for the officials to do anything about it.

Unless it was happening on their street.

People who break traffic laws just piss me off, because usually, not everytime, they cause someone else to be injured or killed. :x

jkbirocz said:
but I will never get one for not wearing a seatbelt.

I wear mine and I always have said that there statement, for some unknown reason it completely slipped my mind that morning?? work has been tuff but crap didn't realize I didn't snap it,

I am not trying to give you a hard time, cause I believe it is a personal choice to wear a seatbelt.

Don't worry about that, I don't wear my heart on my shoulder too much :lol: but, I agree it should be a personal choice for an adult

Hey Jim if you and the nieghbors complain enough they'll watch it for awhile but not for ever

We wrote a letter and petitioned for a 4-way stop sign. They sent a cop out to sit in front of my house for 20 minutes. They said they did not feel there was enough traffic to warrant it (After sitting on the letter for almost a year). I said I would pay for the signs myself if they allowed it....nothing. I said it will be on your conscious when a little kid gets run over because people fly down one of the streets.

Jim said:
We wrote a letter and petitioned for a 4-way stop sign. They sent a cop out to sit in front of my house for 20 minutes. They said they did not feel there was enough traffic to warrant it (After sitting on the letter for almost a year). I said I would pay for the signs myself if they allowed it....nothing. I said it will be on your conscious when a little kid gets run over because people fly down one of the streets.

Thats crazy, and to think they are suppose to up hold our needs :x

Well being a part of the local sheriff's office i know that In some states officers aren't allowed to pull you over for just a seat belt violation... maybe something to look into...

Jim said:

The fine for that should be $200 and the town should put an unmarked car there to enforce the statute until people get the hint. At $200 a pop it would be worth it to enforce that one, rotating to different stop signs around town. The problem would be solved in a few months and the town would be enriched by a few thousand dollars. (They could probably make some $$$ handing out seatbelt citations during the same stops.:wink:)

I keep a stub of a seat belt fine in my visor.168 dollar fine and a lose of 2 points,I've had 7 of them; luckly the points just started on my last one.I always try to put it on now.I still hate being told what to do...even if it is correct.

I didn't wear one ever in my younger years but I always wear it now (because I don't want a ticket). When my sister was younger, she was in 2 bad accidents ..(one she rolled her car and another she was broadsided when someone ran a red light). In both cases the officers and medics said if she would have had her set belt on it would have killed her, no doubt in her mind. She does wear it now to.

na. thats the law down here in ga. they can stop u for that. but they dont have to stop ya. that was just a cop having a bad day i guess. its pretty stressful...being nice to ppl who yell at u all the time... but my dad doesnt like too. he is the good cop. xD. and even sometimes when the captain is gone he gets to run the Department. lol. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: hes only a Sarg. been serving for about 17 yrs. he gets mad at the young cops who get cars after about 3 months on the force, then they wreck the cars. especially his. lol he hasnt wrecked so far... but when he lends his cars to his partners they seem to find a way to crash it... hes like.. that car was gettin old anyways. time for a new car :mrgreen: it took him about 5 yrs in the jail then they put him in a car. nxt step he is gonna be a LT. lol. hes turning 40 July 30th. while im up in Ky...hes goin to Vegas with my mom. so me and my bro r like...blah.

Thats cool on your Pops TP 8)

I know a few officers, got a couple of family members in law inforcement- they all are still human, some are good ones some are !#@*^! and some shouldn't even be a cop :shock: I know one that left his firearm and belt in a sink in a high school bathroom(he took it off usen the bathroom)-he was never bright :roll:

Latest posts