SeArk 1872 MV delivered this week. Now the fun begins

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Landry

Reaction score
My new SeaArk 1872/MagicTilt Trailer was delivered this wee. The deal is finished with the rigging and now my part begins. Lots of electrical upgrades in the mill. I'm going to replace the 4 position switch panel with a Blue Sea 8 Sw/CB panel. When the T-top goes on after Christmas, it will have Lumitec flood lights for the fore and aft deck. I havnt decided on where I'm going to hang the sonar screen, from the T-top or do a console mount. It's a 10" screen so I'll have to wait until the top is on and see what makes sense. The Fusion Stereo and the VHF gets transferred from my old trade in, will add an hour meter and also USB charging and 12V outlet.
On the back end, it gets a second battery or the trolling motor and electronics, a Blue Sea ACR to charge batteries simultaneously, and a on/off battery switch to combine batteries for emergency starting. I'll epoxy starboard mounting pads under the console to attach terminal strips and bus bars so I don't have to drill holes in the console. I'll update this thread as the work progresses.

My new SeaArk 1872 was delivered yesterday, and Aaron and his guys at Action Marine in Austin jumped on it. It is now rigged and waiting for the funds to get put in the appropriate account, and it's a done deal.

Start Battery and Racor filter installed

Motor and JackPlate mounted

Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack Manual Jack Plate

This is how the riggers drill perfected spaced holes, and we though they were just eyeballing it.

Just delivered and waiting to be rigged

Bow deck. This thing is almost big enough to dance on. There's storage under the step and under the larger hatch is the 30 gallon gas tank. The hatch for the anchor(not shown) well wasn't an option on my model, but we convinced SeaArk to send me a hatch and I'll cut a hole for it.
I also orded it with no live well or box in front of the console. A cooler with a seat cushion will provide extra seating when required. I ordered the boat in that configuration because I wanted the additional area in front of the console.

The view from the rear. The console looks kind of bare with no grab rail, but it's getting a custom T-Top right after the first of the year at Custom Marine Concepts in Houston.

It will probably get either a door on the console for neater looking storage or maybe a storage hatch under the leaning post.

It needs a lot of fish slime.

Congrats on the new boat. I just picked my seaark 170 rxjt with 75 hp etec this past weekend. Seems to be a really well built boat.

https://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/rlandry6/sa6_zpsb18920ce.jpg

What is that welded aluminum bracket on the left side of the transom?

Lowe 2070 CC said:
https://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/rlandry6/sa6_zpsb18920ce.jpg

What is that welded aluminum bracket on the left side of the transom?

That is a step to assist in getting back in the boat in the event you fall overboard. I'm told that a new federal law requires it on boats of a certain size range, but I haven't researched it. It wasn't anything I ordered as an option. It does seem like a pretty good idea, though

jhunter1 said:
Congrats on the new boat. I just picked my seaark 170 rxjt with 75 hp etec this past weekend. Seems to be a really well built boat.

How do you like the etec so far? We do the test run on mine tomorrow and if all is well, I take possession.

I was in Hot Springs a couple of weeks ago and drove down to Monticello to tour the SeaArk plant. I was blown away by the amount of aluminum that goes into these boats. I won't say you couldn't tear one up, but you would have to do something REALLY stupid, especially with everything being .125" aluminum.

I really like the etec so far but only took it out once. I have abother etec that is a 2012 with over a hundred hours on it without an issue. Im sure you will be happy with yours.

LeftCoastAngler said:
Gonna do a bow mounted trolling motor?

Yes, I have one for it. I had SeaArk not attach the mount so that I could positiob it so the head of the trolling motor osen't hang over the side of the boat like many of them do.I also have a quick mount for it.

Bob, how did she run? I'm thinking you made need a 4 blade Rogue SS prop - These boats are *** end heavy. I bet it flew! I was running over 50 and not at WOT with the 115. Once my new Layton Bay is done being built, I'm thinking of looking around for a used SeaArk 1652 MVT. With what I'll have into my Layton, I'm not running that joker in any skinny water. I was so impressed with the Etecs, my new Layton Bay has an Etec 200HO sitting new in the crate when she's done... same color combo you have.

Great choice =D>

So fill us in brother :D

Badbagger said:
Bob, how did she run? I'm thinking you made need a 4 blade Rogue SS prop - These boats are *** end heavy. I bet it flew! I was running over 50 and not at WOT with the 115. Once my new Layton Bay is done being built, I'm thinking of looking around for a used SeaArk 1652 MVT. With what I'll have into my Layton, I'm not running that joker in any skinny water. I was so impressed with the Etecs, my new Layton Bay has an Etec 200HO sitting new in the crate when she's done... same color combo you have.

Great choice =D>

So fill us in brother :D

We ran it yesterday with a 15" pitch prop. The RPM @WOT was 5800, so we put a 17" on it. I havn't run it with the different prop, but the mechanic said a 2" change in the prop will change it 300 RPM, so that should get it down close to the mid point of the operating range. I didn't have a speedo or GPS, so I don't know how fast it was running. It was fast enough that my eyes watered the entire time. The tech said when propping one, the determining factor is where the RPM tops out at WOT, and speed is what it is. Attitude seemed good and it got on plane like a scalded ape and ran nice on plan. Had a little pull to starboard, but we adjusted the "fin", and I can tweak that if I need to. The boat is everything I expected.

I got my second battery in today as well as the Blue Sea ACR, ANL fuses, and terminal strips. Wiring, particularly battery cable takes a lot of time if you do it right with the heat shrink, cable ties, and all of the other stuff that makes it look right. I'll finish it tomorrow and will post a photo of it. Sea Ark did not leave me enough cable for the trolling motor wiring, so I had to revise my plan or run new cable and that wasn't worth the additional cost or time..

Got the deck hatch for the anchor well put in today. Still have the trolling motor mount and it will be pretty much done ntil it's time to get the T-top done.

Slow day today. Mounted the spare tire carrier and the trolling motor bracket. Hopefully it gets splashed tomorrow for it's first big run up the lake.

personally, if it was me, I'd prop it out so it was right at the top of the RPM range with just you and regular gear in it. that way when you load it down and add another person or two, itll fall into the middle and wont be lugging the motor.

Latest posts