1978 Lund S-14' Aluminum V Restore

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y_J said:
Thanks for the reply. It looks pretty darn good for rattle cans. Hell, I just might try that route on mine. If you don't mind me asking, how many cans did it take on yours and how many coats did you put on?
Thanks!

It took 3-1/2 cans to do both sides, and I put 2 coats on... I also put 2 coats of self etching primmer on.

After I get it back on the trailer, I may wet sand it and put another coat or two on.

WPS said:
Y_J said:
Thanks for the reply. It looks pretty darn good for rattle cans. Hell, I just might try that route on mine. If you don't mind me asking, how many cans did it take on yours and how many coats did you put on?
Thanks!

It took 3-1/2 cans to do both sides, and I put 2 coats on... I also put 2 coats of self etching primmer on.

After I get it back on the trailer, I may wet sand it and put another coat or two on.
Guess I better get 3 or 4 more cans of primer. Got 1 1/2 cans left from the trailer which, as of today, is ready to weld the new tongue extension on to. The hitch coupler is cleaned up and ready to bolt onto the extension also.

Finally got time to work on the trailer!.. I had a couple pieces of rubber and made a bow stop.. I had to cut some on my winch post.

Before:
2zi69ao.jpg

After:
8vn1c0.jpg

Rubber Used To Make It, except the middle piece:
29atagi.jpg

20st6h5.jpg

Finished:
2jdgqv5.jpg

New rollers, bunk carpet & wood... I also made some mounts from some scrap aluminum for my LED flush mount tail-lights.. I like them mounted this way because they won't get broke off.
ekf8t3.jpg

New jack, winch & coupler... I also extended the trailer tongue 4', then moved the boat forward & slid my axle back some to give me some tongue weight!.. Still need to add some safety chains.
2h5l82w.jpg

Finally back on the trailer!... I still need to wire the trailer & install my LED clearance lights.. When I get time, I'm going to make some guide on posts with red lights on top of the posts.... I also need to adjust the bunks & rollers.
sw8k6s.jpg

2ns6uqt.jpg

Put back in the carport... Now I can start working on the boat!
27zhp8g.jpg

Made some lighted guide posts.

Thought I would start a new thread on those in case someone wanted to make a set!

Here's the thread:

https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36386

And a pic to go with this thread.

Attachments

• 101_0299.JPG
    101_0299.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 2,903
Looking real good WPS! Where do you fish in E Ky? We have a little place in the northern Daniel Boone forest (Northern Morgan County) and usually go to Cave Run Lake (the backwaters/ N Fork of the Licking). I have heard good things about Paintsville, Yatesville and Grayson Lakes but haven't tried them though they are all close. Maybe meet for a little fishing some time in warmer weather if you are up for it.

nice boat, looking forward to seeing what you build! check out my build that I'm thinking about finishing this winter & let me know what you think

https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=31962

justinsain1026 said:
Nice boat, how did you clean the outside aluminium?
Thanks!

I used Brillo pads to clean the aluminum... I cleaned a small area at a time, and made sure to rinse the aluminum off to get the tiny metal fibers from the Brillo pads off... Then used a stainless steel pad to go back over it.

It took a lot of elbow grease!... It looks better than the pictures show!

OutrageGIS said:
Looking real good WPS! Where do you fish in E Ky? We have a little place in the northern Daniel Boone forest (Northern Morgan County) and usually go to Cave Run Lake (the backwaters/ N Fork of the Licking). I have heard good things about Paintsville, Yatesville and Grayson Lakes but haven't tried them though they are all close. Maybe meet for a little fishing some time in warmer weather if you are up for it.
Thanks!

I do most of my fishing & all of my camping at Cave Run and camp at Twin Knobs.... I also fish Paintsville lake pretty hard.. I used to fish Yatesville lake a lot when they first built it, but I don't now... The coal mines in the area has a lot of fishing tournaments... I would get to the ramp early in the morning and find out they had a tournament all night... That lake is fished to death!

Paintsville lake is deep!... But, it has some big Bass & has some big Trout in it... We have a Sun Tracker Bass buggy Pontoon and really like it, especially on Cave Run since the Lake is so big, but I can't wait to get this Lund on the lake!

I fished Grayson lake in my younger days and its a nice lake with big Bass too.

Yeah, if you want, we can't meet at any lake you want to!.. Just let me know!

Send me a PM & add me as friend if you want!

scoot said:
nice boat, looking forward to seeing what you build! check out my build that I'm thinking about finishing this winter & let me know what you think

https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=31962

Thanks!.. I'll check out your thread!

Sorry to everyone for not updating this thread!

Everything has been on hold and I hadn't been on here for a while... My daughter went into 8 weeks premature labor and was in the hospital for 2 nights, thank God that the hospital stopped it!!!... Her due date is Feb' 1st, and they said she is fine now!... Also my dad had congestive heart failure... I've been real busy with both of them, and to make things worse, my laptop hard-drive failed and I lost everything I had.

Just as soon as I turn a grandpa, :mrgreen: I'll get back to work on the Lund!!! ... Fishing season is coming soon and I can't wait!

Looking good so far! Any updates? Was wondering how I could check to see if my wood inside the transom is OK. I'm new at this and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Latest posts