Boat Cover for 1648MV

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillhunter

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone bought a cover for a 1648 MV (no console), that fit well? I bought a cover from Cabelas last year, that was a 16' jonboat style, but it was for a square bow and was a bit narrow for my Aluma Craft 1648MV. I trying not to have to have a custom cover made.

Gillhunter

I've been havinig the same problem, hard to find a cheap cover (< $100) that will fit a wide jon. I bought the jon cover from BPS last year, pulled it out to use it for the first time last month and it was way too narrow. I was up north last week and picked up a jon boat cover from Cabelas that said would fit a 70" beam. Brought it home and it seems to fit just fine, a little tight around the bow mount TM though. The one I got is made for jons, gray in color, cost $67.99 and is trailerable. Wonder if they went to a newer model this year?

I bought an inexpensive cover from Walmart last year that is made from what looks like green nylon tent material that has an elastic cord around the bottom. It has been totally waterproof so far and is holding up great so far. I do use the seats and something sitting in the middle to hold it up high to prevent any ponding however. They come in many sizes but don't show up online lately. Our local stores still have them as I looked the other day since I am considering buying another while they are still available as a replacement later for the current one. About $59.

I know this thread is a little old..... Did you ever find a decent cover for your boat? I'm starting to look for one and I'm having the same trouble. Would rather not have to go to a custom made one as well.

Not sure how "perfect" you want your cover to be, but I use a 12mil heavy duty tarp that is UV resistant. Had to replace my first tarp because it was defective and the guy on Ebay was a turd about replacing it. But the one I have on now has been there for almost a year with hardly any signs of wear. I keep my camo seats in the boat year round and zero signs of fading due to the tarp being UV resistant. Boat also stays bone dry. I use 2 old saw horses and a long piece of 2x4 to support the tarp. I use bungie straps to hold the tarp down and it's held up to 10+ inches of snow and high winds. IIRC I got a 10'x20' for my 1648MV and it fits well. About $30 from Ebay.

Latest posts