69 Starcraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverad04

Reaction score
I found a deal too good to pass up...
1969 starcraft 14' w/ 1997 15hp 4stroke evinrude. I had planned on parting the boat out before I picked it up, but now I'm loving the idea of a family boat layout. I'm thinking white or grey paint, with a Navy digital design on the sides. Definitely going to get a nice Bimini top, and possibly a seaworthy gas grill! :D I'm thinking I'll keep the low floors and open layout. Probably add a swim ladder. The motor is good to go, as the previous owner just put $1200 into it last fall to get it running good. Stay tuned, I'll take pictures as I go.

I was cleaning the motor up tonight, and can't believe how much bigger it is than my mercury 15 4s.

Congrats on this find! We're all excited to see your craftsmanship again..
Did you sell your Crestliner? I used to have the same boat; a 1951 Crestliner Viking. I just recently sold it...I miss that boat.

Attachments

• IMG_0931.JPG
    IMG_0931.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 2,792
Master-deBaiter said:
Congrats on this find! We're all excited to see your craftsmanship again..
Did you sell your Crestliner? I used to have the same boat; a 1951 Crestliner Viking. I just recently sold it...I miss that boat.
Thanks, I still have the Crestliner. I've no intentions on getting rid of it, just hate to pass on a good deal. I thought I was going to part the boat out, but It's such a cool boat, I think I'll fix it up for a family boat. I always keep my eye out for another Viking, they are rare around Kansas City, but you can find them down south from time to time. Why get rid of the ole crestliner?

I have that same boat and if you are going to dispose of it, I would like to discuss getting the pilots console from you, if not i would very much like pictures of it from different angles, as I would like to replace the one missing from mine, and will build it if I have to. I like that yours still has the original green paint also. :)

Plumbcrazy said:
I have that same boat and if you are going to dispose of it, I would like to discuss getting the pilots console from you, if not i would very much like pictures of it from different angles, as I would like to replace the one missing from mine, and will build it if I have to. I like that yours still has the original green paint also. :)

I took it out this weekend, caught a bunch of stripers, and walleye. The console sits so low. I'm actually thinking of raising it up, and rebuilding it to fit a stereo.

Silverad04 said:
Do anyone here think a 50hp 1972 Johnson would be too big on this rig?
What's it rated for?
I have a 14' StarCraft Falcon it looks about the same height and width but it has a splash well but is only a 15" transom. The Falcon is rated for 40hp but I've seen a few with 50's on them.

the transoms made for long shaft motors, so probably 20", no splash well on this one though.

You should be ok but the splash well does give the stern a lot of strength.
What does the 50hp motor weigh? My '73 Merc 402 40hp motor is around 200 pounds.

I've read around 190-200 lbs which is 80 lbs heavier than the current 15hp Evinrude.

My 69 Starcraft says it is rated for a 40hp motor, so I guess yours would be too.
I would still like to ask if you could take a few pictures of your console from different angles if you would as I can't find any available and would like to build the one missing in my boat back.
Thanks, and enjoy your boat build.

This looks like the Mariner-V 14
Center Length: 14'2"
Gunwale Length: 15'4"
Beam: 65"
Transom Width: 56"
Transom Height: 21"
Max Lbs.: 850
Max Persons: 4
Max HP: 40

Latest posts