Catfish Rod & Reel

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to Butthead I got 2 used Abu 5500 C3's. One is a slightly older model than the other, but they are both very nice. Can't believe how smooth they cast!! I got the hang of them pretty quickly and can chuck a 1oz. weight seemingly a mile. I had an Abu Garcia Conolon 6' medium rod in my shed that had an old low profile baitcaster on it that I never really got the hang of and ended up breaking the reel years ago. I threw the 5500 on that rod. Seems to be an OK combo.

I also picked up a 4600 C3 from Butthead for my wife. She loves it.

Jim said:
BigTerp said:
Any suggestions on a reasonably priced bait caster? Like I said, won't be getting anything to big on the other end. Maybe the very occasional 10-15+ lber.

And don't sell yourself short! :LOL2:

You will catch a record fish! :beer:

And Jim was right. Wasn't really a record, but caught my PB channel catfish the first time I went out with my new 5500. 10# 6oz, 29". Caught it on a sunfish head. Rod and reel performed fantastic. Was set on getting a new rod to go with my reel, but after catching this one I don't really see the need.
IMG_20150702_202930_zpsfqjknlxs.jpg

IMG_20150702_203137_zpsmrjhehbi.jpg

IMG_20150702_202844_zpsybxkcy2c.jpg

I prefer a penn 210 reel, 25 to 35 dollars on ebay, paired with any foot

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I hit the wrong key on my tablet. Penn 210 reel 25 to 35.00 on ebay paired with quantum big cat rods. I am mostly fishing for blues and flathead though. Quantum big cat rods are hard to find now. I think I paid 50 or 60 apiece for them. If you like garcias try a 6500. Have a look at tangling with catfish rods.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Latest posts