• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

outboatd jet lower

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatboat

Reaction score
I have an outboard jet lower unit, about 10 hrs run time w/new stainless impeller . Fits 2 stroke 05 59 ci 40 Merc tiller short shaft . I paid $1800 w/aluminum impeller then changed to $300+ stainless $1500

Is that for a 60/40 jet or a 40/28 jet? My guess is the short shaft makes it tougher to find a buyer. My 60/45 is a short shaft and I didn't realize they are somewhat rare until I started looking for some parts to have as backup. Just as a reference, there was someone locally selling a new jet conversion for a 40 hp OMC for $1000-1200 last year, I forget what he was asking but I thought about it while I had the 40 hp Evinrude prop motor sitting in the garage. Maybe if you list the stainless impeller separately it might be easier to sell.

If you had been selling this a few months back I would have been all over it. I would be interested in just the impeller if you want to sell that stainless impeller separate.

your not far off I paid 860 shipped for the same outboard jet and had to change the long shaft out for a short shaft drive shaft plus buying the shifter linkage I was in it for around 1200 no stainless impeller. If you don't want to sell the impeller separate I understand but I would gladly buy the stainless impeller if it's a three blade 6 7/8 three blade. I'm wanting to switch to stainless now.

Latest posts