Tracker Tournament TX-17 Duck Boat Build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hookedontronics said:

Do you or anyone know what that covering is on the floor and seats? That stuff looks awesome. Nice job on the boat. Making good progress. I wish I knew someone who could weld aluminum.

BeerMe said:
hookedontronics said:

Do you or anyone know what that covering is on the floor and seats? That stuff looks awesome. Nice job on the boat. Making good progress. I wish I knew someone who could weld aluminum.

I believe it's that BlackTip Sheetgoods stuff FloridaGrown was talking about.

https://www.shopsbt.com/blacktip-sheet-goods/BlackTip-Jetsports-Sheet-Gray-Wishbone-traction.html

hookedontronics said:
Got the transom fully bolted in yesterday

Question: How will you work around the heads of the bolts when you install the pods? I would think the back of the pod would need to sit flush on the back of the transom? I have the same boat and pods and am wondering how the welder is going to work this out?

All the work looks awesome so far btw.

Have you tested the structural integrity of the hull after you removed the seat bracing that was rivited to the side of the boat? I am doing the same conversion to my TX17 and when I went to move the boat on to saw horses (so I can work on the trailer) I had quite a bit of twist flex from the bow to the stern. I was thinking that it was due to the bracing on the sides coming higher where the seats were. I was thinking about adding catwalks from the front deck to the back seats to add back the structural integrity. Or is that over kill? Or are you not seeing the same thing that I am experiancing?

Once I got the rear piece welded back in the transom was solid. I also put the angled pieces back that to from the floor to the transom and my rear bench seat will weld to that transom just for overkill. I don't have any flex

hooked, I've been following this thread as well. I gutted a pro17 a while back for a tiller cat/duck boat conversion. Have most of everything bought. Just now getting the time to work on it again. I'll revive that thread when I get more done. I have to reinforce my sides a lil,because the pro doesn't have as many ribs coming up the sides. I'm also moving the fuel tank and trolling batts under a shortened front deck. I'll end up with 12 1/2' of open deck. Wasn't planning on adding pods,but anxious to see how yours acts with them.

Are you planning on rattle canning your camo on? I've been looking at different DIY paint jobs out there,and haven't really seen anything I like. I'll be doing more open water hunting than marsh,so the large patterns on the new factory jobs is the way I'm leaning. That'll make it tougher to match seats and rubber matting on the floor.

Very nice build!

I would like to know how to strengthen the side as well because I am working on a similar project (another duck boat and the platform was originally a Sylvan 1750 pro bass which is very similar to the bass tracker).

Any tips will be very much appreciated!

Bmac said:
spcamno, I'll show you how I stiffened mine in a few days.

Awesome thanks Bmac!

Look forward for your info as I will start tackle it in a week or so once I replace a few worn rivets.

Cheers

Nice work on the pods, I want to put some on mine but just to weld them on is gonna cost me 3 or 4 hundred. No telling what they want to fabricate them...

Latest posts