Tracker Tournament TX-17 Duck Boat Build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad you got back on your project. Mine is in the same stage as yours and I was thinking I needed to get back on it. Now that you did, I'll have to.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Got the light bar brackets in today, got the light mounted. Also installed the door in the front deck. I purchased the door from cabelas, it's got a nice heavy construction and the price was reasonable as well.

Why did you not weld the whole seam of the deck, and instead sealed it?

I eventually want to have a buddy weld a deck into my boat, but don't know much about it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

derekdiruz said:
Why did you not weld the whole seam of the deck, and instead sealed it?

I eventually want to have a buddy weld a deck into my boat, but don't know much about it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Structurally it's all welded but I'm seam sealing it so I don't get any water through the cracks. In order to weld it all 100% it would take a lot of time and put a lot of heat into the material which can cause deformation which could potentially tweak the boat.

Very nice build!

I am currently working on a Sylvan 1750 Pro Bass similar hull to yours and convert it from console to tiller as a duck boat as well.

Do you mind if I ask why you have the light mount so high almost like a railing? And are you going to install a blind or not?

Also is the door / hatch aluminum or plastic and can you post link to it because I search Cabelas and can't seems to find the same door.

Thanks

spcamno said:
Very nice build!

I am currently working on a Sylvan 1750 Pro Bass similar hull to yours and convert it from console to tiller as a duck boat as well.

Do you mind if I ask why you have the light mount so high almost like a railing? And are you going to install a blind or not?

Also is the door / hatch aluminum or plastic and can you post link to it because I search Cabelas and can't seems to find the same door.

Thanks

The light is mounted up high to leave me room for a trolling motor on the front and also so the bow doesn't cut off the light output. The railing will also aide in keeping my decoy bags in place on the deck.

The door is aluminum, I'll try to find a link

hookedontronics said:
spcamno said:
Very nice build!

Thanks

The light is mounted up high to leave me room for a trolling motor on the front and also so the bow doesn't cut off the light output. The railing will also aide in keeping my decoy bags in place on the deck.

The door is aluminum, I'll try to find a link

Good tips.

I thought the light bar is part of the blind structure and thanks for the link for the hatch that's exactly what I am looking for.

Cheers

I'm waiting on more seam sealer right now. After that is finished I can paint, then run wiring and install the motor, then build a blind. I'm not sure if I'll get to painting it this year or not though, I'm going to try but temps are dropping fast in upstate NY.

good luck. I Have wishes to work on my boat, but it's duck season so for all intensive purposes any progress has completely stopped until february.

Got the rest of the boat seam sealed last night. That's probably going to be it until spring, been too busy chasing ducks and geese and the weather is chilling down. Next up is paint, motor, wiring, etc.

Latest posts