Night fishing lights?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blake

Reaction score
I'm going to set up some lights for night bass fishing. I was thinking some blue and uv strips on a removable piece of aluminum angle.

What I'm curious about is the uv strips, and how far away they will light up mono.

As far as the blue, I probably don't need that long of a strip to light up the bank within casting distance, but I'm not sure how much uv I need.

Do any of you guys have any experience with this?

Can you show us what you mean?
I'm familiar with the UV lighting, bit not sure whats up with blue.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

From what little I've read, blue is best for salt water; white or yellow for fresh water.

That's all I have seen or heard about.

I prefer to stick to red (unless you want the UV for the fluorescent line) as it's less harsh on your eyes than white or blue and doesn't seem to draw the mosquitoes. I tucked my lights under the side console so they can't shine directly in your eyes. It's enough you can see your way around the boat but doesn't mess with your night vision trying to cast to the shore. It's enough light you can sit & tie a knot closer to the lights & see without an issue. I find the blue/white etc. make it very difficult to see out onto the water & I don't use spotlights.

qX3ykBj.jpg

I was in the Navy - only red lights at night.

Warships at sea.

Lotsa experience at night.

Be like the Navy.

What onthewater said is spot on in my experience. I have red LED lights to light up the inside of my boat. Doesn't kill your night vision and doesn't attract bugs. I have a picture somewhere, but can't find it, of my LED nav lights at night and all the bugs are darting around the green light, not one was around the red light.

I found several 12v red LED strip lights somewhere, years back.
They were on clearance so I got them. My plan is to use them as you guys have.
Thanks for the tips

That's all mine are - 12v LED strips set in what feels like silicone so it's waterproof. The adhesive on the back of it doesn't seem to be the best - I'll have to find something else as the end the wires attach at are starting to pull away. Perhaps a little zip tie to mechanically support the end with the wiring will suffice.

Yeah these are intended to be mounted in automobile wheel wells, or beneath the running boards.
Water proof is probably a gimme.
But I'll get a secure mounting for 'em. Thanks again for the tip

Latest posts