Need good condition, used, propeller for 1956 Johnson 10 hp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kismet

Reaction score
Well, the fuel pump works fine, the motor seems well suited for the 12ft 1956 Alumacraft RB, but...

first water trial ended with half-dozen high revs instances on the engine with no speed increase. Apparently the vulcanized rubber between the bronze center and the aluminum prop started slipping. It was like pulling in the clutch on a cycle, lotta noise, no speed. It didn't show up in the barrel at home, but the increase load and sustained higher RPMs must have caused it to start to slip.

I got a very used spare, but the poor old thing was run in sandy water (I'm told) and ended up with the blades a full half-inch more narrow than they should be. Not perfect, but temporarily functional.

But lord luv a duck, I have never priced props before!

I'm looking for a used, intact, propeller. Or, someway to repair the original prop.

10 hp johnson on 12' RB spare prop 003.jpg

All suggestions welcome.

TYVM

Pappy said:
AOMCI is your friend!
Go to https://www.aomci.org and to the webvertise section. You should find what you need fairly quickly.

Thanks. I'll look there and some local sources.

How was your Motorcycle rally/ride? Did you get caught in that heavy weather down that way?

(Edit: Found a replacement prop. Will put it on and test it this afternoon. Should be fine, and the source was only 20miles away. :) )

Latest posts