Mercury 9.8 SN doesn't exist, neither does carberator, WTH?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorado1135

Reaction score
So as I posted below I'm having some issues with my Mercury 9.8. I'm trying to look up some parts but the SN doesn't match anything on record. It says the number is A112303 but nothing close to it exists.

I wanted to get a carb kit and impeller but even the Carberator number doesn't match anything. that one is 1364-4929 with what looks like an upside down A at the end.

has anyone ever heard of this before?
I went to ask Mercury online but they require a SN and it has to be more digits than mine has.

I included a pic to show exactly what it looks like

Try looking it up with a 0 (zero) in front of the A. Worked for me - see link below:

https://www.boats.net/parts/search/MercuryMarine/0A112303/297/parts.html

Boats.net is my typical source for parts by the way - I've had excellent luck ordering from them & their pricing seems to be among the lowest out there.

Don't recall where I learned that one from, probably buried in an old post on here or BBC...not exactly something you were going to stumble onto on your own.

Even when the dealer I worked for sold Merc/Mariner, sometimes the serial number of a brand new motor did not exist. That said a lot about Mercury, at least in my opinion.

Latest posts