For the Golfers on here good deal for starter set?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Callaway Men's Strata Complete Golf Club Set with Bag (12-Piece)

Good deal today I guess, I don't golf so I have no idea. :LOL2:

https://amzn.to/29tMG3n

Don't do it ...

I used to golf, I used to fish, I used to golf and fish. Golf is the pursuit of perfection ... and once hooked - you just won't fish. They are mutually exclusive hobbies, past-times or pursuits and they cannot co-exist together. Throw in a woman and all bets are off.

I used to golf, fish, shoot and hunt ... then got married. Kept the rods, lures, boat and toys and dropped the Mrs. We split the house ... she got the inside, I got the outside. I still got the better part of the deal! But throw in kids into the mix, with the wife, and again - all bets are off.

But then I met the new Mrs ... and we got 2 kids the hard way ...

So now I do fish ... and boat and shoot and camp and hunt ... but I do not, do nOt, do NoT, do NOT do golf! Do not do it man ... run Forrest, run!

;)

2016 new Miranda Rights, courtesy of the FBI and US Justice Depts:

"You have the right to remain Clinton ... nothing you say can or will be used against you in a court of law."

Wow, Dale. You don't care for golf at all. I used to be the same way, until I realized a little something. The game is surprisingly similar to another love of mine......the shooting sports. I'm launching a small projectile at a distant target, hopefully with accuracy. It's just that the tools being used are different.
That being said, I bowl during the winter months, too. Can't do either very well. Seems that I can't bowl worth a hoot, can't golf worth a hoot, so how did I end up with a daughter?

Roger

how can you say no to a sport that encourages you to get exercise,get away from the house for hours and drink beer all at the same time???

GTS225 said:
Wow, Dale. You don't care for golf at all ...
I thought with the ' :wink: ' symbol you'd realize I was trying to be a tad funny, tad truthful and a whole lot sarcastic. Yes, I LOVED it when doing it, but I began to obsess about it to the point I didn't do my other hobbies.

Now all my hobbies are seasonal ...

Spring - Trout fishing, kayak fishing and boat prep ... and maybe some pistol steel target matches

Summer - Striped bass and bluefish fishing, off range day here & there for fun

Fall - Fall-run striper fishing, hunting season and offhand shooting practice, getting ready for the Winter competition season

Winter - Offhand 200-yd shooting on SUNs (modern centerfire) and every other weekend snowshoe biathlon muzzleloading races, using flintlocks and wood snowshoes, plus Winter primitive camping, circa 1740 to 1780s

Oops! Color me embarrassed. Missed the emoticon completely.
You are a busy character, aren't you?

Roger

i used to love to play golf. but then my friends that played stopped. kinda boring by yourself. where else do you get to drink beer, drive a golf cart and go on 18 easter egg hunts?

DaleH said:
GTS225 said:
Wow, Dale. You don't care for golf at all ...
I thought with the ' :wink: ' symbol you'd realize I was trying to be a tad funny, tad truthful and a whole lot sarcastic. Yes, I LOVED it when doing it, but I began to obsess about it to the point I didn't do my other hobbies.

Now all my hobbies are seasonal ...

Spring - Trout fishing, kayak fishing and boat prep ... and maybe some pistol steel target matches

Summer - Striped bass and bluefish fishing, off range day here & there for fun

Fall - Fall-run striper fishing, hunting season and offhand shooting practice, getting ready for the Winter competition season

Winter - Offhand 200-yd shooting on SUNs (modern centerfire) and every other weekend snowshoe biathlon muzzleloading races, using flintlocks and wood snowshoes, plus Winter primitive camping, circa 1740 to 1780s

This is me. Seasonal hobbies. I struggle with the good at many, great at none thing. I don't have the focus or obsession or whatever it is to do 1 or 2 things. I also think about stories of Peyton Manning that I have read. Morning, noon, and night, 24/7/365 the guy was all football. Constantly thinking and talking about football with teammates, wanting to throw all the time and practice. Football football football. I cannot do that with just 1 hobby. I find I ebb and flow from year to year with what I am MOST interested in.

Forget these guys... golf is great, do it! Buy something name brand Callaway, Taylor Made, etc and play on-sale golf balls. Can't drink beer shooting, snowshoeing and driving a boat - but you can driving a golf ball and golf cart.

I tried it a long time ago and always got my moneys worth! I would get to hit the ball more times than the guys I was with, and walked 6,000 yds. on a 5,000 yd. course! Boy were they dumb, they only got to hit the ball maybe 85-90 times and I got to hit it over 100 times for the same money! :lol: :lol: Sold the clubs after about 2 yrs., and never looked back!

Golf. I play At it. The TN summer place is a Golf resort with five golf courses (and 11 lakes).

Golf is a big part of the social life here. My wife plays golf 3 times a week.

I play once or twice & only 9 holes. Cuts into my fishing time.

richg99

Latest posts