Xpress boats:

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeftCoastAngler

Reaction score
Im considering a xpress welded aluminum boat for my next sled... Anyone on this forum a xpress owner?
Any comments?

Im looking into the xpress bay models

I have owned one. Good boats. Don't feel it was any better built than my current Lowe roughneck though and I paid a lot less for the lowe.

Just my 2 cents.

Good boats. HEAVY, and don't expect to get in any hurry with one, but they're hard to hurt. One I was using was a 1650 duck boat.

They are solid rigs from what I hear.

We neighbors? I see the Skyway in your avatar? I've fished both sides extensively for the last 40 years. From Piney point to Terra Ceia on the Manatee side and From Blind Pass all the way around Ft. DeSoto. Great Area! During the week.

Going into the 4th year of use on my XP18CC (mod-v hull) and haven't had any issues with it so far. Which is a good thing because it almost caused a divorce when I drove up to the house with it. It has been punished a bit but not abused. Has the scratches to prove it, even one decent little gouge, but I bought a tin boat so i wouldn't have to worry about gel coat on a glass rig. Looking forward to several more years of reliability out of it.

I've gotten caught out in it a few times where I had to battle 2-4' rollers about 10-15' apart. It wasn't pleasant, not even a marginal ride, those conditions beat the snot out of that hull, even taking it very easy. I imagine the hyperlift hulls do a lot better in rough conditions.

All in all, the only difference in choice I might have made, knowing what I know now, is either get the 1872 hyperlift hull, or the 2070 XP/Mod-v hull. Either would have pushed my budget a bit more than I wanted at the time. Just a tad more room around the console would be a good thing. Other than that I am happy with mine.

LeftCoastAngler said:
Thanx for ur input psycho....
Did u go with a 70 or 90hp?

Mine has the 70 on it. When I considered the extra money, and the extra weight I'd be carrying around, I decided to stay with the little 70. I have yet to need 20 more HP.

Latest posts