1998 Mercury 200EFI Complete Rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigwrench

Reaction score
Earlier in the year I blew my Mercury 200 EFI. I decided to rebuild it myself due to the cost of letting them (Ranger Dealer) rebuild it and also the cost of a replacement Powerhead or complete motor .
The rebuild had its ups and downs and it seemed to fight me every step of the way :)
Through lots of hard work and determination (and much needed moral support) I persevered and it worked out beautifully ! Couldn't be happier, but it was touch and go there for awhile.
A rebuild may not be for everyone but for those that may want to try and tackle certain areas of it or even a complete tear down and rebuild I wanted to share the link (With Jims blessing of course)
So if you have some free time , grab a cup of coffee or a beer and check out my nightmare rebuild process and have a few laughs at some of My dumb mistakes and follow along as I try to use my 28+ years of wrenching experience and apply it to a 2 stroke engine rebuild. There was definitely a learning curve. :)

https://www.ultimatebass.com/bass-fishing-forum/index.php?topic=128359.0

Hope this helps someone, that thread is now locked but I would be glad to try and help with any questions you guys may have here. Thanks for looking
Rick

Latest posts