• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

mk tm 55# bowmount 12v 42 in shaft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipster dufus

Reaction score
i have an edge minn kota bow mount 55# foot control. want to go with a 36 in shaft tm. its just too big for my front deck. 250$. monroe ga. over 500 new. will also consider trade.

Save yourself some $$$$ just pull it apart to get to the shaft (by parts 65-84 in the diagram) & trim it 8" with a hacksaw. Re-drill the hole at the top, shorten the power wires under the head cap end accordingly & put it back together.

Part # 26 in the diagram here:

https://www.fish307.com/content/schematics/minnkota/2010/Edge55.pdf

Looking @ this youtube video there are already spade connectors under the cap of the head - @25 second mark - makes life really easy.

[youtube]D93BhqvORVk[/youtube]

i wonder if i did that if it would effect the mount geometry. in other words,is the mount the same for a 36in shaft and a 42in shaft/

hipster dufus said:
i wonder if i did that if it
would effect the mount geometry. in other words,is the mount the same for a 36in shaft and a 42in shaft/

the mount is the same

it would cost Minn Kota too much to use different mounts

I cut a few down in my time, easy to do works fine

hipster dufus said:
i wonder if i did that if it would effect the mount geometry. in other words,is the mount the same for a 36in shaft and a 42in shaft/

You can see for yourself in the link to the parts supplier's website that both shaft length options are listed as separate parts but there is only one mounting option.

Latest posts