New engine for 1652 G3

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c1gator

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been having some issues with my jet and I am considering purchasing a new one. I would like to know what some of y'all might suggest. I am looking at some where around 35 to 40 at the foot so a 50 or 55 Powerhead is what I am thinking should do the trick. Interested in motor types and where to get them. I like johnson/evinrude but the most I see on the net are merce and the tahatsu in that hp range. Not real picky, thanks

I have a cdi that may work on your Suzuki 55/35 but I need the numbers printed on yours. If you go with a new motor be aware that yours was able to spin the large pump with the 6 7/8 impeller, you will need at least a 60hp powerhead on other brands to get the same thrust.

On the Cdi box itself or the model number of the engine. I had the engine diagnosed and was originally told the cdi box was bad then I had another fellow hook it up on his computer and he said the sensor that tells it when to fire was bad so I replaced it. Tried it out tonight and it still is not firing so I don't have a clue. Motor is strong when its running, just always been a stinker to crank. Thanks

Should be 3 numbers printed in white ink on the CDI. Your initial problem was with the wiring so you may just need to clean all the electrical connections and grounds. I would be wary of mechs that tell you to replace expensive parts instead of troubleshooting and you can tell the second one that there is no way to check that motor on a computer.

Ok and thank you. I will get by there as soon as as I can and look for those numbers. While I am there I will also take a look at all the wiring a little more closely. Thanks

While you're looking at the wiring, take a look at the cap on the safety lanyard, exercise the switch and check to see that the pin is pushing in on the switch. I've had a bad one before, yours could be intermittent.

I stopped by today and the gentleman said he has checked all the wires and found nothing. I will check the switch on Monday that your referring to. I also checked the Cdi box and there wer no numbers anywhere on the box. Only thing I could see on the box was a little symbol that resembled a mitubushi symbol like on a car. The motor is a 55 power head around 1995 model

Well I finally got it going it was the Cdi box. I also addressed another issue which was a new impeller. It was not peeing properly so I replaced it. It does the same thing it was doing, it pees good then it just slows down after a while and stops. I have a little bicycle pump with a needle on it and I can pump it several times and get it to work again for a short while then it just slows down and stops peeing again. It seems clogged just trying to figure out a way to back flush it. Got to get this thing going. Thanks

can try blowing compressed air back through the pee hole thermostat might have got crap stuck in it as well. What is the jet impeller like if it isn't shimmed well and really dull it may be getting the water up to the motors water impeller for cooling it.

Latest posts