Let's play guess that boat!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big_ug_chevy

Reaction score
I need help identifying the manufacturer of this boat. It's 16' Simi V, welded aluminum. There are no identifying tags. Thanks for yalls help!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 899
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 899
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 899
DaleH said:
I'd look for west coast drift boat makers, with such a high sheer.

What's the reason for such a high sheer? Just to chop the waves better? Is this a good type of boat? Are they typically expensive?

misunderstood said:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drift_boat[/quo

I have looked at many Driftboat but have yet to come across one that looks like the one I'm going to buy. The boat that I'm buying has half inch square tubing on the bottom of the boat both sides that runs front to back. The boat is also only semi v in the front for about 2 feet.

For those that didn't followe the link ... per Wiki:

A Drift Boat is an evolution of the open-water dory, converted for use in rivers. The design is characterized by a wide, flat bottom, flared sides, a narrow, flat bow, and a pointed stern. A 'rocker' is used along an arc from bow to stern along the bottom of the boat. It is this constant rocker that allows the boat to spin about its center for ease of maneuvering in rapids.

Sorry you're mistaken.

It's an Italian gondola. A tin gondola, but a gondola never the less!

Well, it kinda looks like one from the side. ..

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Latest posts