• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Powertech SS 4 blade 13 pitch

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dootech

Reaction score
SOLD

99% perfect condition.
Used for less than 20 hours
standard RIGHT-HAND ROTATION, MORE GRIP AND CAVITATION RESISTANCE THAN SWC3, EXCELLENT FOR TUNNELS, MOTOR ELEVATION, AND CAVITATION-PRONE APPLICATIONS - POLISHED FINISH ONLY

SWC4R13
10.75" diameter
13" pitch
13 spline prop shaft
4 blade hard wall cup (not modified by me, this prop is exactly as it was from powertech)
sticker says it fits Yamaha Suzuki Honda 40 - 60 hp class C - 3.5" gearcase. I was using it on a 82 merc 50 horse. so it will fit your motor if its 13 spline and 3.5" gearcase

This prop has great grip and holeshot even at elevated transom heights.
Only reason I'm selling is doesn't fit new motor or I'd be using it now.

$356 from nettle props right now I'd like to get $250 shipped to lower 48 in the original box

or pm me with an offer

Mercury Johnson evinrude etech etec etek Yamaha Nissan tohatsu Honda Lund ranger skeeter bass tracker g3 alumacraft alumicraft Jon John flat bottom mod modv v vee trailer tiller console pontoon work deck boat barge ss cleaver cavitation ventilation surfacing semi four blade propeller solas Michigan wheel boat motor transom anchor lower unit 13p tunnel tunnle propeller propellor outboard duck flats shallow black max

Attachments

• IMG_1687.JPG
    IMG_1687.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 2,778
  • IMG_1692.JPG
    IMG_1692.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 2,778
  • IMG_1694.JPG
    IMG_1694.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 2,778
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 2,778
You mentioned Nettles. Are you located in TX?
Rob

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I loved it, NEVER blew out. Used on an old bass tracker III 1648 with a merc 50 on a 6" hydraulic jack plate. Never lowered the jp from full up. Ran about 31mph at about 4800rpm which if I remember correctly was 8% slip!! I should have gone higher with the motor and added a remote water pickup

The motor I bought for my tracker III is an '88 merc 60hp that has a 15P stainless 3 blade on it - if you're only getting 31mph & 4800 RPM on the 13P 4 blade I'm wondering if the setup I currently have is going to be propped correctly for my application. I may be in touch once I get this thing on the water & test it out.

It's tough to compare the two setups depending on how much cup your prop has. This prop has SO MUCH cup that it only had 8% slip at WOT!! Speed is/was not my goal at all. If speed was a goal I could've raised the motor higher to get more prop out of the water for more rpm and more speed or had cup removed for more rpm. My primary goal was to run skinny water with elevated motor height while maintaining grip

wtf is a trophy sport prop? Is that a merc prop? What is the application? What boat, motor, use, intended purpose? # of blades, diameter, pitch, etc? What are your goals?

In short, this prop is better and you should buy it

It's this another four blade prop seems to be intended for the same purposes and suppose to have the same benefits of the powertech four blade as far as I can tell

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercury-Trophy-Sport-Propeller-13-Pitch-48-878614A46-New-/171366590594?hash=item27e63ea882:g:6esAAOxyTP1SPcnw&vxp=mtr

I've been thinking about a four blade for my boat and have been debating between these two props I'm running a 60hp two stroke merc 1993 to be exact it's on a jack plate on a 1554 flat bottom it currently has the jet lower on it but at times I switch back to the prop lower and would like one that can run a tad higher without blowing out as easily as my current old quicksilver 3 blade ss prop. It's also a 13p it's pitched a little low when it's just me in the boat but with a fishing or hunting load it's just right. So I'm thinking if I stick with a 13p it would perform about the same speed wise which I'm good with, my hope is a four blade I could run the engine up a little higher without cavitation and maybe have better hole shot. I just haven't been able to find much in terms of comparison of these props which seem similar.

Sorry for asking thought maybe you considered the trophy sport prop as well as this one since it's about the only other four blade prop for mid range outboards 40-60hp.

FWIW looking at Mercury's webpage for the trophy it does not appear to have any cupping to the edge https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/propellers/elite-series/trophy-sport/ whereas the powertech definitely does.

considering he said he used it on a 1648 tracker with a 50hp mercury i'd guess, no, not any different :p

Latest posts