Setting your Digital alarm clock to 24 hour format.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
It only happens occasionally. Today, our alarm didn't go off. Luckily, I didn't miss a fishing trip, but my wife might have missed her early hair cutting appointment.

When I checked, we had, somehow, set the day time to PM instead of AM. The alarm was properly set at AM.

Solution, so that never happens again...is to set the clock to reflect the 24 hour format. If it says 20:00 even I know that I have it set for PM instead of AM.

regards, richg99

That's interesting, never thought of that, but then there's a lot of things I never thought of. I can see where that's a good idea, but the rest of the household may not think the same! :lol:

I use my phone as an alarm clock. Every now and then I set the alarm and it tells me I have 6 days before I have to get up! :D Then I reset it for the correct day!
Funny thing is, I probably only hear my alarm a couple of times a year. I have a clock in my head always running. I always wake up a couple of minutes before it goes off. I also wake up in the middle of the night and can guess the time to within 10 minutes or so. I also rarely get a good nights sleep. :LOL2:

My internal alarm clock also wakes me up 10-15 minutes before my alarm is set to go off. Strange thing is my morning schedule changes either daily or weekly, but my head somehow still knows.

Yea, I am usually up at first light. However, the convention TV coverage kept us up longer than normal, so she almost missed her hair cutting appointment.

Strange thing is, we spend summers in TN, right on the Central/Eastern time zone ( 30 miles). Where we are is further East than my Houston home. The sun comes up realllllllllly early over here!

Ha Ha richg99

i wish i could find a "real" alarm clock that i could set to 24hr. i did the same thing the other night....... still woke up on time but it coulda been bad.

I changed my cell phone over to 24 hour format a long time ago and it's going to remain that way, and purely for the reason you mentioned.. No need to worry about AM/PM, and it doesn't take long to not even think about what 17:47 means.. It means it's almost 6pm and I need to be fishing!! :D

All my clocks are set to 24hr. It makes everything so easy. Plus working for a state law enforcement agency, we use 24hr for every.

Latest posts