widest lightest runnabout for 15hp honda

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charles9888

Reaction score
I am in ontario and looking on kijiji for a runabout project> I would like to get my hands on a small aluminum runabout(15 inch transom height) around two hundred lbs for my 15hp honda.I like starcraft springbok crestliner mirrocraft but open to other makes available in ontario.Its difficult to get the weight and beam of specific models from the 60s and 70s.I am here to p[ick the brains members that may have these stats in memory or can direct me to a source. Thanks in advance for any input that aids me in my search.

I have a 1968 StarCraft Falcon which is one of their smallest runabouts at 14' and rated for 40hp. StarCraft did make 12' runabout but they are hard to come by.

Mid-50's Alumacraft R model 12' boats (actually, 11'9") are 54 inches wide and came as runabouts. Pappy, who posts here, has a variation he crafted to having a console and steering wheel and throttle.

Specs suggest an 18 hp on the open boats, and maybe 25hp? (not sure) on the runabout. Correspondence with Alumacraft indicated they made about 1400 of them from 54-61-ish.

If and when Pappy posts, he can clarify.

Have fun, be safe.

Latest posts