Front deck on aluminum jon host enough to fry eggs on.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RiverBottomOutdoors said:
jethro said:
A bimini top is a huge improvement for fishing hot days. It's like a 20 degree difference and feels more like 50.

Never figured out how people fish with a bimini top. Looks like it would get in my way casting.

I'm curious too. I've never used one so I have no idea.

I do fish alone often though...so I could see how leaving in up in the stern area and just using it to escape the sun occasionally between fishing off the front deck would be nice.

I'd still say hydroturf is the best (but not near cheapest) solution. I laid all of my samples out on my deck in the sun one day and, while the deck was scalding hot, even the darker colored camo samples were just warm to the touch.

I have SeaDek (camo....relatively dark colored) which is similar to Hydroturf and I can stand on my deck in mid-day 100 degree sun barefooted. I also have vinyl on the floor of my boat and can't stand on that barefoot. Sometimes I will splash a little water on the SeaDek to make it even cooler on the feet.

Thought about using aluminum for decking but went with marine board for just that reason. Painted it with light grey porch and deck paint and it has held up very well. I fish bare footed (actually I'm bare footed a lot) so if the wood gets warm a bucket of water poured on the deck cools things off.

FB_IMG_1470271218754.jpg

Mostly barefoot for me, Rich. I've always felt more sure footed in a boat with barefeet. In a nutshell that's why I put the Seadek on the boat. I like hydroturf too.

RiverBottom Outdoors......that seadec looks good. Nice rig you have. Thanks for the info.

TuffCoat rubberized paint worked perfectly for me - wasn't a budget buster either.

tractor supply has foam mats cheap, stick down with weldwood contact cement

i used blacktip jetsports flooring off amazon in my boat, not as cheap as the tractor supply mats, but has the glue already on them with color options where as the tractor supply mats are only available in black diamond plate, they don't get hot though & quiets it down too

EDIT:

this stuff looks pretty good too: https://www.amazon.com/CAP-Barbell-Roll-Antimicrobial-Foam/dp/B00M1S9Q04

Steve A W said:
My buddies wife bought him a pair of crocs.
The first fishin trip he got sunburned through all the little
holes in the top of the crocs :oops:

Steve A W

i got the 8 circles on my foot too!!

Sent from Mossy Oak Swamp Bottom

onthewater102 said:
TuffCoat rubberized paint worked perfectly for me - wasn't a budget buster either.
As soon as I get the wood on my raised decks swapped out for aluminum I intend on using that. How is the adhesion with this stuff? Did you have to do anything to the surface to prep it other than clean and rough it and have you had problems with it chipping or flaking up?

No problems with chipping or wear. I had to prime all the FRP beforehand but that's pretty standard.

Latest posts