Preferred mounting arrangement for 2 seats in a 1236 Jon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slizzy

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm about to put two Wise folding / swivel seats in my 1236 alumacraft

I was wondering how you guys like to position them... Offset at all or dead in the middle for both?

I was thinking to mount the seat mount with rivnuts so I could have a few mounting positions on each bench.

I'm thinking either dead middle for both , or

Offset both, back seat offset towards starboard and front (middle bench) offset towards port

Any suggestions ? :D

my battery is mounted in the right rear corner so the rear seat is on the left side, the front seat is mounted slightly offset to the right side,there is usually 2 of us on the boat so this equals out the weight pretty good.

I had a 1236. It's a pretty small boat and balance is important. I offset my seats so I could have a comfortable position operating the outboard. I almost always fished with two in the boat so the balance of the offset seats was always maintained.

Im hoping my battery and some gear will balance the boat when out solo...

also having the front/center seat offset to the port side it will be easier to jump over the bench to reach bow anchor and or gear

Have you considered a slide mount - especially for the rear seat where you will probably want to offset it while using a tiller & center it while fishing?

https://www.sliderg5.com/

onthewater102 said:
Have you considered a slide mount - especially for the rear seat where you will probably want to offset it while using a tiller & center it while fishing?

https://www.sliderg5.com/

no Im mounting my seats with a spring release clip w/ swivel & fastening with rivnuts, so I can have a couple mounting positions with a clean finish...

I'm thinking I will do both seats dead centre & also have a mounting position slightly offset for both, opposing, starboard for rear seat, and port for middle bench seat

Latest posts