Possible new project.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jiffyloose

Reaction score
Looking at what is to be a 1975 alumacraft f7 comes with a 5.5 Johnson 1955. Trailer is in ok shape. Should I do it for $500. Current owner does not have the registration...I would register it in NY.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 799
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 799
You have to decide, but that's a fair price for the rig. The F-7 is a solid, relatively light weight boat, and that one doesn't look like it would require much effort to make it presentable.

Dunno about registration issues in NY.

Transom replacement is not hard, just tedious; the old motor will run forever--but change the impeller anyway; mix 16-1 or 24-1 (I've seen both recommended); Check the wheel bearings and re-pack them, no matter what the seller says.

Have fun, be safe.

I have one of those motors that I inherited from my grandfather and it's still running to this day. I don't know how many hours it has at this point, but it's a lot. I remember as a kid doing laps around the lake with it trolling with my dad, we would troll for probably 2 hours a night twice every weekend all summer, then my brother and I would use it during the day throughout the week. Grandpa managed to keep it clean and running for us - so it's seen a lot of use.

Parts are still available believe it or not...testament to how well those motors were built.

Latest posts