1992 Johnson 15

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacobwitc87

Reaction score
I can across a deal on Craigslist for a 1992 Johnson 15 hp. He said the model was JER15 but I can't find that anywhere. Anyone know anything about this motor? He is asking 500, is that a fair price? I haven't seen it yet but he claims its in good shape and runs fine. Thanks!

These motors are pretty good and lots of parts around however there are a few problems associated with this era (1987-1992).The plastic parts on the carb may warp and crack also the grommet where the pick-up tube meets the block can swell and deteriate restricting coolant flow.Make sure it pees strong at idle and check for signs of overheating ie burnt paint cooked insulalation on wires etc.The value depends on your area.Where I live these motors are in demand because of horsepower restricted lakes(under 10hp)because they can be fitted with 9.9 cowls and can fetch $1000 if a mint salt free motor.Good luck m.w.

Thanks, I should be going to look at it tomorrow. I think it would beat my 1976 evenrude 6 hp.

I have a 1985 evinrude 15hp on my 1440m lowe tinny. I would not trade for that motor. Good luck, I hope it is what the guy said it is. Great little motors.

If it has good even compression and a solid lower unit it is a great deal. If it is a 92 model or earlier the shift lever will be on the side and if it is a later model it will be on the front by the tiller handle.

Latest posts